• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever purchase from sbjstuff?

16 posts in this topic

This eBay seller seems to post some interesting books, but unfortunately all PGX encased.

Noticed a few times buyers that left neutral or negative feedback talk about the book they purchased all of a sudden arrives a different book and not as centered as the picture. He also makes a habit of removing the pictures at the end of an auction.

Any positives or negatives on this eBay seller?

Sounds like a perfectly legit seller to me. What are you hesitant about?

Wait...Why did you post this? :frustrated:

Dice, come on now. You get frustrated too easy. lol

Uhhhh, because I was considering a book I have been looking for and wanted to know others' experiences with him, if at all.

Why did you respond if you don't know?

He also makes a habit of removing the pictures at the end of an auction.

Tried to see the Batman 200 thats still listed up for auction and no pics :makepoint:

This eBay seller seems to post some interesting books, but unfortunately all PGX encased.

Noticed a few times buyers that left neutral or negative feedback talk about the book they purchased all of a sudden arrives a different book and not as centered as the picture. He also makes a habit of removing the pictures at the end of an auction.

Any positives or negatives on this eBay seller?

Did you search sbjstuff on the boards? I think there is a lot of discussion on this cat.

BTW, I commend you on your spelling and punctuation.

:applause:

He also makes a habit of removing the pictures at the end of an auction.

Tried to see the Batman 200 thats still listed up for auction and no pics :makepoint:

That's the book I was looking at, and was very concerned when I noticed the picture was taken down, and then the feedback from other buyers.

Did you search sbjstuff on the boards? I think there is a lot of discussion on this cat.

I think the SEARCH feature has been beaten into my head by now after "The Dentist" thread, and yes I did. Nothing came up. Has there been talk about him as that would be interesting.

Did you see anything on him that also we need to refresh? He's posted some pretty high-grade Bronze, but I hate that they are all PGX touched. Leaves me wondering (and wanting to spread the word to us new members if there is a concern).

Thanks so much for the compliment.

Not putting in search dates is a common mistake people make.

In any case I believe the guy is alleged to have trimmed and restored books and gotten them into blue label PGX holders. I believe he's also sold under various aliases over the years as well.

R.

I just did a search for "sbjstuff" , kept the search exclusive to the general forum using the little box on the left side of the search page and limited it to the past 150 weeks and got 4 pages of links.

(thumbs u

Now I have to ask since it was mentioned in another thread.

Would it be helping the overall forum community if we created an active thread "Sellers to watch out for" or would there be legal concerns?

Just concerned it is so hard to do a search on this critical topic, are we better off keeping a running thread that people contribute to. Even better, they must post examples if their entry is to be accepted by the community.

I think the SEARCH feature has been beaten into my head by now after "The Dentist" thread, and yes I did. Nothing came up. Has there been talk about him as that would be interesting.

Did you see anything on him that also we need to refresh? He's posted some pretty high-grade Bronze, but I hate that they are all PGX touched. Leaves me wondering (and wanting to spread the word to us new members if there is a concern).

Thanks so much for the compliment.

Here's a link on this seller from search http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=2322050&Searchpage=1&Main=123429&Words=sbjstuff&topic=0&Search=true#Post2322050

Would it be helping the overall forum community if we created an active thread "Sellers to watch out for" or would there be legal concerns?

There was one going, it's probably a couple of pages back.

I bought a cheap slab from - it was a SSWS in the 140s in 8.5 or 9.0 It was one of those eBay moments where I was putting out marker bids on books I was interested in, but then the book ended up selling for the minimum bid, and then when I saw who the seller was, I said, "Oh No!" doh!

Everything came out alright, though. No problems, and the book was great - it is out of it's slab.

I've bought a few from him with mostly poor results. The first was a four color #147 PGX 8.5 which looked really nice so I gambled and sent it to CGC. It came back a 9.0 qualified ( centerfold detatched ). The other mistake I bought was a Donald Duck atom bomb cheerios premium PGX 9.8 which I could see right away was way overgraded. I did some research on the cheerios books and found out there's been some scammers out there who have trimmed them and got them into high grade blue PGX holders ( Terrence Leder ), so I became extremely concerned about mine. I sent it to CGC and it came back a 8.5 universal. Both of these mistakes were big lo$$e$ for me. I noticed he sure does have a lot of extremely high grade books with the red circle and blazing comics covers. hm

I purchased a Monster of Frankenstein # 3 pgx 9.0 from him. I had to write him a few times before he auctually sent it to me and he never did respond to my e mails, I believe it took a month before i received it.

I considered driving up to get it since i live about 30 minutes away :hi: