• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Super-Villain book?

29 posts in this topic

How about Detective #1 1937 to #19 before the Crimson Avenger starts in #20? Emphasis on the inscrutable yellow peril of a Fu Manchu-like villian on the front cover to Detect #1 and interior Fu Manchu story chapters with choice art by O'mealia in most pre-hero issues. :blahblah:

I'm rooting for the Phantom Blot. :wishluck:

Title is Mickey Mouse Outwits the Phantom Blot so to me it is a Mickey Mouse book. Which is a good thing.

How about Detective #1 1937 to #19 before the Crimson Avenger starts in #20? Emphasis on the inscrutable yellow peril of a Fu Manchu-like villian on the front cover to Detect #1 and interior Fu Manchu story chapters with choice art by O'mealia in most pre-hero issues. :blahblah:

An entire book, like Superman #1 is for Superheroes.

Tec 1 is not devoted to the villain on the cover and it's "Detective" rather than "Mask of Fu Manchu" or "Yellow Claw"

I'm rooting for the Phantom Blot. :wishluck:

Title is Mickey Mouse Outwits the Phantom Blot so to me it is a Mickey Mouse book.

I think of them as co-starring. lol

:baiting:

Micky Mouse share equal billing? Sacrilege! :o

IMO it would be Mask of Fu Manchu, 1952. Can't think of anything earlier that meets the criteria.

Going slightly OT, I think the first super-villain on a newstand comic book would be Tec 18, Fu Manchu, Aug 1938. Fu Manchu meets the definition of a super-villain---famous, in most forms of media in the 20th century, recognizable in name to most people even today, and he's a specific character rather than a generic bad guy.

The first issue of Daredevil was devoted to the defeat of one super villain.

Hitler's name was included in the Title and Indicia.

The whole group including Silver Streak, Lance Hale, Dickie Dean, Cloud Curtiss

and the Pirate Prince teamed up with Daredevil to defeat this bad guy.

His origin was also in the first issue.

I suppose you could say that this villain was unique since he cross-overed into other companies and even represented as funny animals.

3179133175_6fc2ff1d61_o.jpg

Scan is from the reprint.