• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay username mycomicshop.....

72 posts in this topic

Wow!!!

I just bought $30 worth of comics from Mycomicshop.com... I am a college student, so my billing and shipping information are different. They refuse to ship to an alternate addy since I am a first time user.. Anybody find this weird??

Well needless to say, they lost my order and future business

Yeah, talk about inflexible. I sent an order over a weekend for 3 books. On Sunday, I found another book on their website and send an email to ask they add it to my shipment which, obviously, had not yet been processed nor packaged and much less shipped. They responded that the ordering system was automatic and that they could NOT add this item to my standing order. Needless to say I haven't bought the extra book which would have meant I'd have to pay extra in shipping for a separate shipment :screwy:

Wow!!!

I just bought $30 worth of comics from Mycomicshop.com... I am a college student, so my billing and shipping information are different. They refuse to ship to an alternate addy since I am a first time user.. Anybody find this weird??

Look at it like this...you saved $30. :applause:

Hi guys,

Yeah, eBay user mycomicshop is mycomicshop.com/Lone Star Comics. We are located in Texas. Our office and stores are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and I live in Austin.

songsaboutclouds--Sorry to hear that. They're good guys at Neatstuff, I'm glad you were able to work something out with them. :)

Dicex--I don't know you and have nothing against you. You're obviously not a fan of us or of Buddy. I'm just curious who you are and what we did to land so firmly on your enemies list. If you care to, drop me an email at webmaster@mycomicshop.com and let me know what's up.

A few other comments on things I've seen in this thread:

- Regarding not shipping to a shipping address different from the billing address on your first order:

This is nothing but a fraud prevention measure and helps to keep our costs (and our prices) low. I do realize it can be an inconvenience for many legitimate customers. However, it's not a permanent block, just a limitation for your first order with us. Once you're an established customer, the restriction is relaxed. That said, this is an issue worth revisiting. I'll discuss it internally and see if there are any tweaks we ought to make to the policy (perhaps only having it kick in for first-time orders over a certain size).

- Regarding scans and grading:

On our ebay and web site listings, we will tell you if the scan is of the actual book or if it is a generic scan. Also, within the past year or so we have begun recording more and more books with high-res individual scans, ten point scale grading, and more detailed grading notes. Currently, items priced approximately $10 or more get the individual scan and ten point grading treatment. For cheaper books it's not cost-effective to scan and file them individually. There are still some older items that were recorded under the old system that won't provide as much detail on the grade, but as time goes on there should be fewer and fewer of those.

We've also begun recording some NM new comics with ten point grades, so if you absolutely want a 9.8 or 9.6 rather than the broader NM grade, you can get one.

- Regarding adding items to an order that hasn't been processed yet:

That's something doable, and something I am planning to do. We aren't able to do much in the way of adding, replacing, or merging items across multiple orders unless our computer systems are set up to support it, and that's something I need to take care of.

Conan

Welcome to the boards! (thumbs u

Gave them the benefit of the doubt and spent another $100 on NM moderns + my 25% worth of extras.

All arrived damaged or I'd grade around VF-.

Sent them back with a complaining letter.

Have not heard back from them, no refund, no apology, nothing.

...Quoted in case you missed it. Hope you will get in touch with songsaboutclouds via PM & work it out.

Hi guys,

- Regarding not shipping to a shipping address different from the billing address on your first order:

This is nothing but a fraud prevention measure and helps to keep our costs (and our prices) low. I do realize it can be an inconvenience for many legitimate customers. However, it's not a permanent block, just a limitation for your first order with us. Once you're an established customer, the restriction is relaxed. That said, this is an issue worth revisiting. I'll discuss it internally and see if there are any tweaks we ought to make to the policy (perhaps only having it kick in for first-time orders over a certain size).

Thanks for responding to this issue. While I understand the rules are to cover your , this rule will prevent me from shopping with you. It doesnt make sense for me to have the items shipped to my parents house, than have my parents ship it to me at school. Because of this, I will have to take my business elsewhere. Thanks again though for clearing it up though

WOW! You know your dad was into comics when you are named Conan!

Props to mycomicsshop for answering allegations on the boards in order of bettering business.

On my end, I have ordered from them a couple of times and never had a problem...

Welcome to the boards! (thumbs u

Gave them the benefit of the doubt and spent another $100 on NM moderns + my 25% worth of extras.

All arrived damaged or I'd grade around VF-.

Sent them back with a complaining letter.

Have not heard back from them, no refund, no apology, nothing.

...Quoted in case you missed it. Hope you will get in touch with songsaboutclouds via PM & work it out.

Thanks for the welcome and the heads up--I did see that, but it sounded like what he was describing took place two years ago, in which case I don't think there's much I could do at this point to shed any light on the matter. If that's not the case, or if songsaboutclouds still has any concerns, I'd be happy to discuss it (PM or email webmaster@mycomicshop.com).

Wow!!!

Why is that weird? They have no history with you and want to ship the first order to the same addy as the billing address.

Wow!!!

Why is that weird? They have no history with you and want to ship the first order to the same addy as the billing address.

Why not just pay with a personal check or money order?

Wow!!!

I agree - that's a pretty common security measure for online retailers. I know a ton of stores that won't ship to you if the billing/shipping address doesn't match period.

Wow!!!

Why not just pay with a personal check or money order?

The only available money I have at the moment is my CC.. I understand the policy, just my first time encountering this problem in my years buying online. Maybe I shouldnt have used the term weird, just a little inconvenient for some buyers. No biggy

I will echo this, generally a class act in my opinion. I do an order with them at least once a month on stuff I need.

(whoops, quoted wrong reply, I have never really had any serious issue with them, whatsoever. )0