• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not just comics...the greatest fictional character ever created was....

Greatest Fictional character  

453 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Fictional character

279 posts in this topic

Where is the Lone Ranger on this list? Huge boost for kids following westerns that they could relate to.

What about Zorro? Bob Kane has been quoted as saying one of the few influences on his concept of the Batman came from this character. Would we have the Batman of today without Zorro to drive the idea? Not sure, but what an influential character.

Where is the Lone Ranger on this list? Huge boost for kids following westerns that they could relate to.

What about Zorro? Bob Kane has been quoted as saying one of the few influences on his concept of the Batman came from this character. Would we have the Batman of today without Zorro to drive the idea? Not sure, but what an influential character.

Agreed, Lone Ranger is a big one. My list could not hit everyone, so I am glad you chimed in with an alternative. I like the Gandalf choice as well.

What about the Cat in the Hat?

What family with kids doesn't have one copy of the series tucked away for later re-gifting when their kids have their own? There was an article a few years ago book stores even shy away from discounting them because it is a sure sale. Seriously, must be true as I read it in the Mile High newsletter (okay, kidding on that last comment).

Wasn't Dracul an actual character with a little twist thrown in?

Being undead and immortal is a bit beyond a little twist!

Bram Stoker based Dracula on a 15th century Romanian Price named Vlad Tepes (Vlad the Impaler), also know as Dracula, or Dracole, both meant either "Dragon", or "Devil".

I recommend reading "In Search of Dracula" by Raymond T. McNalley & Radu Florescu.

It really comes down to Superman or Santa in my opinion...and if we take into account the total amount of people affected...meaning in the past as well as today...in that case Santa takes the cake as he's been around for generations...the rest are all more recent creations.

Santa is likely known by more people than any other fictional charcter out there...there are more people that have known about Santa that are no longer with us than the rest together I'll bet.

R.