• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicllink Auction has started! What are you gonna bid on?

65 posts in this topic

Like I would tell this lot of backstabbing flippers what I would be bidding on. As if.

:whatev:

And here I thought they were a bunch of flipping backstabbers

That would be the Canadians. They are always doing everything backwards.

Like I would tell this lot of backstabbing flippers what I would be bidding on. As if.

:whatev:

And here I thought they were a bunch of flipping backstabbers

That would be the Canadians. They are always doing everything backwards.

yeah, that and dropping slabs :baiting:

Maybe I was away from comics for to long, but even talking about 5k for a book featuring a character that no-one outside of comics knows is crazy? I am sure there are more then a few comic collectors who don't even know who he is. If I remember right is book has a black cover, but what does it matter if it is a rare in grade black cover if it's a no-name character. Even as a comic collector I have to say the hobby needs a reality check when it comes to some of the prices being realized, even though this book has not been sold yet.

Maybe I was away from comics for to long, but even talking about 5k for a book featuring a character that no-one outside of comics knows is crazy? I am sure there are more then a few comic collectors who don't even know who he is. If I remember right is book has a black cover, but what does it matter if it is a rare in grade black cover if it's a no-name character. Even as a comic collector I have to say the hobby needs a reality check when it comes to some of the prices being realized, even though this book has not been sold yet.

Not that I disagree with you about the Hero for Hire, but there are loads of characters who are unknown to the non-comics-reading public that sell for multiple thousands of dollars. The Golden Age is a good example. None of the Nedor characters are known outside of comics. Even some DC characters: Sandman or The Spectre would draw blank stares from the general public, but their first appearances are two of the most sought after books in the hobby.

Not that I disagree with you about the Hero for Hire, but there are loads of characters who are unknown to the non-comics-reading public that sell for multiple thousands of dollars. The Golden Age is a good example. None of the Nedor characters are known outside of comics. Even some DC characters: Sandman or The Spectre would draw blank stares from the general public, but their first appearances are two of the most sought after books in the hobby.

Yup. People are going to collect whatever calls them. People love Jonah Hex and war comics. I can't stand them. Doesn't stop people from paying big $$.

People are going to bid on whatever they like/feel is a tough book/feel has investment potential/loved reading as a kid......you name it. Someone else's rationale may differ when compared to yours or mine but it doesn't make it any less valid.

R.

Never participated in one of these...is there a major pricing difference between these auctions and what they sell daily? Or is it just these books up for auction don't necessarily go up for sale to often?