• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre-code horror - Harvey File Copies - incl Black Cat 50!

23 posts in this topic

I've decided to let the few Harvey file copies that I've bought over the years go. As with all Harvey file copies, what you get is often a book with superior structural preservation and few visible defects, as well as some tanning to the outer 1/2 inch or so of the pages. CGC almost invariably gives these Cream to Off-White on the label, but in truth the pages are generally OW/W at best for over 95% of the area.

I'll make these available for a day or two, then what doesn't sell will be off to Ebay or Clink - I don't say that as a threat or incentive, but just to let you know that I'm offering them here first.

As with anything I sell, including CGC-graded books, I will accept returns provided you let me know quickly (2-3 days) and ship it back to me quickly.

I prefer Paypal, but you can pay however you choose.

All prices include shipping within the US. I'm happy to ship elsewhere, but you'll have to cover the cost. It may take me a while to get them out if you're outside the US as well.

:takeit: rules, either here or by PM.

DISCLOSURE: to my knowledge, none of these books have been pressed.

Enough words, here are books.

Chamber of Chills 18 - SWEET glossy copy with nicer than average pages. This book is a 9.2 with brilliant gloss, razor sharp edges, but has a 1/4 inch split on the bottom of the spine. I'm not sure exactly how CGC would grade it, but I'm pricing it around 8.5. $210

71983.jpg.42e2025d8c229e30b6674e6e103a8589.jpg

Chamber of Chills 19 - Bought from Jim Payette as a VF/NM. Not quite. For some reason, this issue often has a bunch of tiny spine ticks. If you go through Heritage's archive you'll see it on a lot of them, but not all. I'm calling it a VF, but I don't think it would quite garner that from CGC. I love this book, it's got a great interior and the cover was used for a Misfits album which makes it in quite high demand (probably 3rd after Black Cat 50 and Tomb of Terror 12). Due to that, I'm pricing it aggressively at $SOLD

71985.jpg.4d390f49bb2d3b9a59c00e34fce0aa90.jpg

Tomb of Terror 12 - This is a 9.4, but it has a tear that ranges from 1/8 to 3/8 inches on the last 6 pages. It's on the back cover as 1/8 inch. If it wasn't for that it's just about flawless. $$SOLD

71988.jpg.eb14a2c9dd27bab6822b09960460b531.jpg

BC #50!!!! :sumo:

(thumbs u

How about this to quell the spirits while you wait. I just bought this on Clink - I love it, but if anyone wants it they can have it for what I paid which was $430 or so after all the fees. Plus $10 for shipping. Trim seems to be pretty minor. Not sure why it was done.

71996.jpg.ac2b13527f44c792145d75b232362b4d.jpg

Ugh, sorry guys. I had promised 1st dibs on the BC 50 to a friend who was supposed to have given me a yes/no by now. He just texted me asking me to hold off. I apologize, and assure you that if he passes I'll list it here first.

BTW - COC 19 & TOT 12 are SOLD via PM.

Ugh, sorry guys. I had promised 1st dibs on the BC 50 to a friend who was supposed to have given me a yes/no by now. He just texted me asking me to hold off. I apologize, and assure you that if he passes I'll list it here first.

BTW - COC 19 & TOT 12 are SOLD via PM.

:sumo:

I hope he gets it then - at least now I can go back to watching my movie. (thumbs u