• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Elseworlds 80-Page Giant details

22 posts in this topic

Hi folks.

A friend is looking to sell off a few of his books very soon, but one he brought up I was at a loss what to recommend.

He has a Elseworlds 80-Page Giant CGC 9.8, which I believe were ordered to be destroyed due to a Superman story. That's all I know.

Anyone know anything further about this book?

:popcorn:

That's a book many people are looking for because it was recalled and destroyed due to a baby in the microwave scene.

There's also a Super-Sons story in there that's reprinted in the Super-Sons TPB.

If he throws it up on eBay, I'm sure there would be heavy bidding.

Now that is excellent news. As I was waiting for a response, I found a great wiki entry just on this book. Now I see why a CGC 9.8 would be so hot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elseworlds_80-Page_Giant

So sounds like this only made it out to the UK, and then copies trickled back to the States. Interesting.

Sounds like some tough material included in this book. I can see why there would be some concern.

Thanks so much.

Exactly! I'm reading through this wiki entry, and some of those stories were extremely rough. I guess the one with Superman as a baby was his babysitter was trying to kill him.

Talk about wanting to get your attention.

Schao, thank you! This is extremely helpful.

What do these books go for as when I check the CGC Census there are only 69 graded, and only 6 are at the 9.8 grade? Have any sold or are these maybe private collectors?

Question: How could baby Supes be in a microwave when they didn't have microwave ovens back when he first came to Earth? (shrug)

Question: How could baby Supes be in a microwave when they didn't have microwave ovens back when he first came to Earth? (shrug)

WOW! Good point. Most probably because it was a Kryptonian microwave that was enclosed in the capsule that brought him to Earth, and could fry up to 5,000 Bilzards (a Kryptonian measurement for "Wow that's hot").

Seriously, great catch!!

:applause:

Because these days continuity is thrown out the window. A lot of people don't want history. Sadly.

Because these days continuity is thrown out the window. A lot of people don't want history. Sadly.

Kinda like how Ice Man was a 16 yr. old student at Xaviers when Scott & Jean were teaching classes there in the first X-Men movie? Just one of the many reasons I wont watch the first or third movie again :makepoint:

Sounds like an interesting book.

Perhaps he should try selling it here in the selling forum and save the fees.

Great suggestion. I'll try and get pictures soon as now I know more about this book I can see why the interest.

Thanks folks for the super education!