• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Theft!

35 posts in this topic

Anyone else see this? Scoop released it today:

Valuable ComicLink Titles Stolen

Industry News, Scoop, Friday, December 05, 2003

Last weekend, several rare, valuable and high-grade comics were stolen from the ComicLink table at the Big Apple Comic Expo National in New York. Among those titles lifted by the sticky-fingered bandit are:

- ALL STAR COMICS 35 CGC 9.6

- ALL STAR COMICS 23 CGC 9.4

- MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS 10 CGC 4.5

- JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY GOLDEN RECORD REPRINT #83 CGC 9.6

- THOR #170 CGC 9.0

- DAREDEVIL #4 CGC 9.4

- DAREDEVIL #6 CGC 9.4

If you or anyone you know knows the whereabouts of these titles or would like to report new information about the robbery, contact Josh Nathanson at buysell@comiclink.com or 718.423.6079.

That sucks! Nice books. Maybe the thief will be stupid enough to try to sell them without breaking the slab and someone will check the certification numbers and they'll get caught.... I wonder if there's anyway they can be flagged in the registry or something like that.

How does something like this happen? Do the dealers leave their books at their tables overnight? Does it happend during the hustle and bustle of a busy time during the day?

A shame...

If the thief was/is a collector (hope not), then I imagine the books will stay hidden for quite a while. Can't really show them off or someone might pick up on the theft.

Hope they catch him or her and Josh sees justice!

The above three are all unique, only one in this grade.

The others all have multiply copies in their grades.

- JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY GOLDEN RECORD REPRINT #83 CGC 9.6

- THOR #170 CGC 9.0

- DAREDEVIL #4 CGC 9.4

- DAREDEVIL #6 CGC 9.4

The thief is obviously insane - a 9.0 THOR #170?!?!?!

But seriously folks............

I'm really surprised this happened. There was always more than one person at Josh's booth. Those Daredevil's were at the front of the box which I guess made them easier to snatch.

This really sucks.

Does anyone know the details on this? As in what the guy looked like, what time it happened, what's being done?

I just hope this isn't another of those "got home from the show and checked the box" kind of deals, where the books could be anywhere and theft is the first response.

Does anyone know the details on this? As in what the guy looked like, what time it happened, what's being done?

I just hope this isn't another of those "got home from the show and checked the box" kind of deals, where the books could be anywhere and theft is the first response.

Josh is not one prone to running around as though his hair were on fire.

I do know what you mean, but I have heard "theft, theft" many times when something is lost, only to have a far different cause pop up for the missing items.

Of course, if he saw the guy theiving, but he escaped, then I humbly take my seat. flowerred.gif

Sorry to show my ignorance, but did the Sub Mariner really have the dimensions of King Kong back in the day? More importantly, how did he keep his hair all moosed up like that out dere in the ocean ? The Human Torch was not the only flaming guy methinks. smirk.gif

How does someone just walk away with all those books????

They put their right foot in front of their left, and then their left foot in front of their right, and then repeated that until they got their criminal 893censored-thumb.gif out the door.

Heh heh - you said [!@#%^&^]!

And yah! Check that videotape!