• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's award season! Let's celebrate the worst of Golden Age anatomy!
1 1

97 posts in this topic

Long before the birth of Rob Liefeld (b. 1967), panels such as the one below appeared in print (Pep 40):

OutstandingAchievementintheFieldofH.jpg

Sorry for the blur, but I'm probably doing the artist a favour. My legs certainly can't do that, but read the dialogue - he's running really fast.

Let's see some more contenders! Covers are the obvious place to start, but the moral of the post is that greater horrors can lurk within...

The human torch one.... where he's flying around the city. The proportions are so off he's the size of a skyscraper...

Still, it's great to see a cover where a man is bigger than a plane and his bicep is bigger than the man right next to him's head..

I don't know, the Fantastic 9 is pretty bad, but there are just so many things wrong with the Funny Pages 41...the more I look at it, the more appalling it becomes!

Thanks for all the contributions thus far! :)

I don't know, the Fantastic 9 is pretty bad, but there are just so many things wrong with the Funny Pages 41...the more I look at it, the more appalling it becomes!

Thanks for all the contributions thus far! :)

Who knew that Gustavson was the Rob Liefeld of the Golden Age.

I love Lily Renee, but what's up with Senorita Rio's sword arm, shoulder and bosom?

fight47.jpg

:o

Amazing. It doesn't seem like it would have been to difficult to fix either. (shrug)