• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Mile High road to getting rich!!

51 posts in this topic

Isn't $165 a shade high as well? I don't have GPA open in front of me, but can't the book be had for around $100?

Here's the last five or so sales:

Dec-11-2008 $80

Oct-25-2008 $81

Oct-12-2008 $77

Sep-28-2008 $105 Cert# 0153315002

Sep-27-2008 $79

You have to think, he has been in this industry for so long and been so famous, he probably serves as a search agent for extremely wealthy collectors who just don't care about price. They want what they want, and their needs must be filled immediately.

If anything, he gets bragging rights on his site to post the book, notify the buyer, and then list it as sold for an incredible price. No behind-closed-door deals when you are trying to market you are the biggest around.

He apparently sold a copy of X-Men 143 CGC 9.8 for -

- get this -

825 DOLLARS!

You want to see something interesting, check out the man's completed listings. Some people will buy anything, price be damned

Does anybody really believe this is a legitimate sale? Why would somebody spend $825 when there are auctions running for nearly 1/5th the price. Absolute bull . As I have been saying for years, this guy is bad for the business and a scammer. His company knowingly sells overgraded comics and they do not care.

How is he so successful? Sucessful at what? As previously stated, he makes the bulk of his money selling low to mid grade books, copper, and modern. If you list 170,000 items on eBay, you are bound to make some sales. However, if you look at books over $100, about 50 of his closed auctions, he only sold 3 including the supposen $825 X-Men 143.

You have to think, he has been in this industry for so long and been so famous, he probably serves as a search agent for extremely wealthy collectors who just don't care about price. They want what they want, and their needs must be filled immediately.

If anything, he gets bragging rights on his site to post the book, notify the buyer, and then list it as sold for an incredible price. No behind-closed-door deals when you are trying to market you are the biggest around.

The only flaw I can find with this is that there aren't really any rich people who "don't care about price." Ain't no rich man out there going to pay $80,000 for a Toyota Camry just because he can.

I actually think if the aforementioned sale is genuine, the buyer is on the opposite end of the wealth spectrum...someone who doesn't want to take the two minutes needed to see that the price milehigh is asking is around eight times FMV. These sort of people are generally not wealthy

I just got his eMail stating that Mile High had a good January, and because of that good half month, Chuck ensures us that this means the economy getting back on track.

I am sure the Mile High Economic Index will soon be available for tracking on Blackberrys and iPhones.

I just got his eMail stating that Mile High had a good January, and because of that good half month, Chuck ensures us that this means the economy getting back on track.

I am sure the Mile High Economic Index will soon be available for tracking on Blackberrys and iPhones.

lol