• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

am I imagining things or is ther some incredible stuff on the market?

11 posts in this topic

Scanning through ebay, CLINKs upcoming auction, and Heritage's as well, there seems to be some nice stuff. CLINK has a decent Ditko Spiderman page and several Spiderman covers, Heritage has a huge array of covers for sell. Ebay has a ton of SIlver-age Marvel stuff. Now a lot of the Ebay stuff is pretty expensive but time will tellif it comes down. Am I alone in my observation? Are others seeing an increase in the amount of material available? Are there other places where one can go to see the latest offerings?

You're not crazy. I am putting a lot more items on my watch list on Ebay than usual. Then again, all I'm doing is watching.

I have to share that I'm looking at a lot of the stuff saying to myself "This comic art costs how much money?" I look at the stuff and it's great art. Would I love to hang a piece or two on my wall? -- sure! But at the same time a whole lot of it still feels way overpriced. Especially modern stuff. I think if we're waiting for a combination of great art and bargains, we ain't there yet, and I don't know that we'll ever be. The really great stuff at least holds its value IMO.

You're not crazy. I am putting a lot more items on my watch list on Ebay than usual. Then again, all I'm doing is watching.

I have to share that I'm looking at a lot of the stuff saying to myself "This comic art costs how much money?" I look at the stuff and it's great art. Would I love to hang a piece or two on my wall? -- sure! But at the same time a whole lot of it still feels way overpriced. Especially modern stuff. I think if we're waiting for a combination of great art and bargains, we ain't there yet, and I don't know that we'll ever be. The really great stuff at least holds its value IMO.

I think a lot of what happens will be dependent on how long and deep this recession is. Some predictions say the bottom will be hit this summer but the climb back out of it will be very slow, potentially years. If things stay this way, I suspect we could see some drop in prices, even on some of the primo stuff if the sellers has time constraints on moving the art. That said, I am not expecting any wide spread wholesale prices on key art.

I don't see anything new on ebay, only the same @%**! that I always see dominating the highest price first section.

I want to see the real gems! How about an early ASM ditko splash page or large art FF Kirby/Sinnott cover?

Clem...

Scanning through ebay, CLINKs upcoming auction, and Heritage's as well, there seems to be some nice stuff. CLINK has a decent Ditko Spiderman page and several Spiderman covers, Heritage has a huge array of covers for sell. Ebay has a ton of SIlver-age Marvel stuff. Now a lot of the Ebay stuff is pretty expensive but time will tellif it comes down. Am I alone in my observation? Are others seeing an increase in the amount of material available? Are there other places where one can go to see the latest offerings?

I'm definitely seeing it in the Silver/Gold/Bronze comic market. Not so much in the Original Art market.