• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exciting Comics #9

82 posts in this topic

Which story is incomplete as a result of the missing centerfold?

not the BT story

It's missing the last pages to the Mask story. The BT origin and story are complete. Man, I'd love to have a Qualified with a married page rather than a missing one.

I had a very nice mid-grade Exciting #9 many years ago, but foolishly sold it when I decided to just go for the Schomburg covers.

One-ups-manship Alert...I had the Larson copy for many years, but traded it about fifteen years ago. I believe jbcomicbox has it now.

And he won't trade it back to me! :pullhair:

I personally, think Exciting 28 is just as tough as #9...

Exciting 9 is WAY tougher. And especially in grade. Darn near impossible to find a nice copy. There are at least three nice 28s that have been floating around. For whatever reason, Gerber had a tough time finding one to photograph (much like Flash 56) and that has given it some mystique. But it isn't as difficult as everyone assumes.

(thumbs u thanks Mr. B

I had a very nice mid-grade Exciting #9 many years ago, but foolishly sold it when I decided to just go for the Schomburg covers.

One-ups-manship Alert...I had the Larson copy for many years, but traded it about fifteen years ago. I believe jbcomicbox has it now.

And he won't trade it back to me! :pullhair:

Did you offer him a personal foot massage in addition to cash + comics? Who'd turn that down? :insane:

The revival of these GA characters is really heating up because of Alex Ross and his idea. I think it is great to see so many people now gaining a connection to GA comics again. I started watching these when the book was first previewed. In the past year and change the Black Terror has really heated up, and his books are now showing it (especially on the bay).

Personally I have been slowly picking up the Daredevil series, as the character seems cool IMO. And can also see which ones will be next to get this revival of interest (stupid limited funds). But in the end, it really does put a hurting on all the guys who say GA collectors will die off and nobody will care about books that arent mainstream characters. I think Black Terror is already proving them wrong!

I have a casual friend that offered me a nice looking 5.0 copy this past year for $5000...that was as low as he was willing to go on it...
Casual meaning :baiting:
not that casual lol

This is odd. I have the opportunity to buy an Exciting Comics #9 and #10 (also tuff to find). These two books are from an original owner collection and are in about Good condition (3.0). The #9 has several loose wraps and both books have cream to off-white pages. The #9 has someone's name written on the cover in ink. Even though both books have a myriad of small defects, they have bright colors and are very solid. There is no restoration on either book. They are being offered to me for a total of $1500 for both books. In you guys opinion, is this a fair deal? Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Rick

Hey, Pinball. Are we talking about the same book? hm

In you guys opinion, is this a fair deal? Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Rick

Go! Go now. Spend $1500 and get your Excitings.

Then post them here so there will be much oohing and aahing.

In you guys opinion, is this a fair deal? Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Rick

Go! Go now. Spend $1500 and get your Excitings.

Then post them here so there will be much oohing and aahing.

Yes I may continue collecting through someone else!!

Buy them! :headbang: