• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

getting CGC cases signed? would you?

53 posts in this topic

To each his own, but I don't see the point in having a creator sign a slab, since the slab isn't part of the book itself and has nothing to do with the artist.

A lot of people don't want the actual comic defaced by a signature (see Stan Lee draws monstrous spider on ASM 129) and find this method far preferable.

Would you get Todd McFarlane to sign the polybag or mylar sleeve holding a copy of Hulk 340? I don't see how this is much different.

To each his own, but I don't see the point in having a creator sign a slab, since the slab isn't part of the book itself and has nothing to do with the artist.

But again, to each his own. (shrug)

Agreed.

Would you get Todd McFarlane to sign the polybag or mylar sleeve holding a copy of Hulk 340? I don't see how this is much different.

Agreed.

Me too. (thumbs u

I argee, those look horrible. And I've seen worst on ebay. If the book is worth that much to you, just pay the extra money and get the CGC Signature Series for them.

I appreciate your opinion doucheclown. (thumbs u

I argee, those look horrible. And I've seen worst on ebay. If the book is worth that much to you, just pay the extra money and get the CGC Signature Series for them.

I appreciate your opinion doucheclown. (thumbs u

Right back atcha, Butt-Head. (thumbs u

And the difference to a sig series book is (shrug)

Getting the creator to sign a comic book they help create. And not on a plastic case that was made by a company that makes plastic cases for CGC to house the comic books they grade.

i have two 9.9 slabs that i'm considering having Todd sign the cases of... any thoughts? hm

Hmmm, 9.9 Todd's you say... NICE! (thumbs u What could those be, I wonder? I bet I know of one w/ a snazzy new holder. :baiting:

Would be sweet, Colin -- especially if it's one you'd keep yourself for your personal collection. :grin:

Personally, I like that idea better than sending in an autographed book to get it Qualified-Green-Slabbed (which I've done coincedently). ;)

It seems a tad impersonal as well.

Jim

Getting the creator to sign a comic book they help create. And not on a plastic case that was made by a company that makes plastic cases for CGC to house the comic books they grade.

Come on, they no more "created" that physical comic book than the plastic covering CGC encases it with.

If that's your intent, you should go get the sig of the press operator on shift that day.

Come on, they no more "created" that physical comic book than the plastic covering CGC encases it with.

If that's your intent, you should go get the sig of the press operator on shift that day.

Good logic there genius. :screwy:

If the writer or artist didn't create the characters and story-lines, how can the book go into print? No one is going to print millons of copies of the latest Spider-man comic with blank pages.