• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Eastman & Laird TMNT Art Day...including a Cover!!

16 posts in this topic

Starting the new year with a bang, I just got this piece in today. A sweet early cover by Eastman & Laird and my earliest cover yet!

http://qurls.com?i=46403

And if that wasn't cool enough, I snagged this sweet 8 page story. The first story where the Turtles were printed in color!

http://qurls.com?i=46404

(worship)

Thanks guys! I've been on :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: since they arrived. The cover for me is huge because it contains one of my favorite characters in the TMNT universe and a character of huge importance in the early storylines (not to mention being one of a handful of covers out there). But the full 8 page story?! I was like this :o when it was offered, followed by a quick :takeit:.

I hated the turtles when I was growing up. I mean I really hated them! However, I am very impressed by the art and detail put into those pieces. Congrats!

Sheesh, tell me how you really feel... :insane:

You know, its funny you mention the detail. In the cover itself, I looked all over for whiteout or flubs and could not find a single dab. All that detail in the grass and trees and it looks near flawless. Its in fantastic condition after all the years. Truly an incredible piece of work.

I hated the turtles when I was growing up. I mean I really hated them! However, I am very impressed by the art and detail put into those pieces. Congrats!

Sheesh, tell me how you really feel... :insane:

You know, its funny you mention the detail. In the cover itself, I looked all over for whiteout or flubs and could not find a single dab. All that detail in the grass and trees and it looks near flawless. Its in fantastic condition after all the years. Truly an incredible piece of work.

Um, I HATED them! But I'd love to see the a better scan of some of those details. I still hate the mutant turtles (seriously) but I was shocked at the art. I expected some amateurish/cartoonish art but I was very pleasantly surprised. I had never seen mutant ninja pencils before and I like them.

Starting the new year with a bang, I just got this piece in today. A sweet early cover by Eastman & Laird and my earliest cover yet!

And if that wasn't cool enough, I snagged this sweet 8 page story. The first story where the Turtles were printed in color!

Incredible artwork - congratulations! (thumbs u

now THAT"S how you start off the New Year! Congrats Dan!

I know! It's kinda weird becuase last year, at the begining of January to start 2008, I managed to get the cover #11 in another major acquisition. Then this year the same thing- this deal was literally closed on Jan 5. Sort of strange how the new year brings around such goodies for me.