• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy Guacamole! Heritage Feb. Auction.

42 posts in this topic

Just got back into town and checked in at Heritage for the upcoming Feb. auction... a bronze age cover paradise! Amongst sooo much else. Is this the End?,... or the Beginning? Does anyone else get the feeling this auction is going to be a fairly big indicator of the market for the upcoming year??.. Oh, also can anyone lend me 500k,... I'd like to bid on 40 or 50 pieces.... ;)

I hope this is the beginning...

The February auction has a few pages that I have been seeking since I started in this hobby 10+ years ago...finally they are up for sale...but I didn't think I would see them here or at this time...

You can definitely sense some serious nervousness among owners and Heritage. It's going to be a real vicious circle, as everyone trying to rush to get out the door before all of Gene's prophesies of doom come true will flood the market, thus causing prices to go down and then creating more panic among those who had been sitting tight until now, and then rinse and repeat and voila, melt down city.

I understand anxious sellers may be pushing Heritage to accept their consignments, and Heritage want to capitalize on big commissions while the gettin's good, but they really should try to be more responsible and try to manage the supply so that it doesn't overwhelm the market all at once.

I just perused the Ha.com site

Bookmarked a few items

Decent material for once

I wouldnt say an avalanche of materials

Just finally some decent stuff

i expect the prices to be strong

I would say that HA put this auction together very nicely

I dont think its fair to complain with the complaint "there is too much good material"

I can understand not enough good material

But too much of a good thing is never too much of a good thing

Marvel Spotlight #5 splash? Too rich, well, the entire issue is practically there -- pick a page!

TTA #93? Almost the entire story -- which page would you like?

Definitely a great auction if you love vintage Ploog Ghost Rider art.

Marvel Spotlight #5 splash? Too rich, well, the entire issue is practically there -- pick a page!

TTA #93? Almost the entire story -- which page would you like?

Definitely a great auction if you love vintage Ploog Ghost Rider art.

oh wow... I hadn't even looked at the interior art yet, just the covers. Nice selection!!

THis is exactly what I posted before, a ton of good stuff coming to the market. They just listed the X-Men 102 cover which is pretty amazing.

X-Men 114 splash

just way too much to consider what to take a serious stab

Corrected that for you -- but to make up for it -- there's a very nice page from 141...

I also think we are starting to see nervousness among collectors, and we are going to continue see tons of great art offered throughout 2009. We probably won't see rock-bottom prices yet in the February auction, but by October, there is going to be some real bargains.

:wishluck: for real bargains ;)

I was offered the X-Men #102 Cover last week and told the owner to put it in the Heritage auction.

Mitch I.

Mitch -

Thank you for sharing this with us but I'm confused as to what the purpose was. Are you letting us know that you passed on it? Are you looking for kudos for telling the seller to put it on Heritage?

Just curious.

I was offered the X-Men #102 Cover last week and told the owner to put it in the Heritage auction.

Mitch I.

Mitch -

Thank you for sharing this with us but I'm confused as to what the purpose was. Are you letting us know that you passed on it? Are you looking for kudos for telling the seller to put it on Heritage?

Just curious.

David; are you looking to gather information? To get inside Mitch's head? Or, are you just trying to publically call him out?

Just curious.