• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Avengers

19 posts in this topic

No it was good.

What I was trying to convey was my expectations of marvel have been low since Secret Invasion, I was thinking Dark Reign was another gimmick, but so far I am impressed. I hope it does not lose the steam that SI did.

Sorry if my first comment was confusing typing with a 16 month old tugging at me can be frustrating at times.

It seems like all these "events" start off good and lose steam by the 3rd issue and 10th tie-in issue.

Wake me up when the HC comes out. Marvel is not doing this to me 3 yrs in the row.

This is very true but DA #1 was an enjoyable read.. just hope the later issues can maintain my interest

Surprisingly, it was pretty good.

I really liked the artwork. Deodato did much better work than Maleev on Dark Reign.

I'm not sure if i'm ready to add it to my pull list, even with a discount, but it was a cool team building issue.

Interesting cast of costumes and certainly seems designed to build aggro with the rest of the Marvel Universe.

Does anybody read Iron Man? Are the events in this issue referenced at all in this title? What's the current issue number?

Damn...Marvel has piqued my interest! I hate that.

Agree, not too bad.

With the opening pages, I was smacking my head. But they pulled it together nicely through the story.

Only part they didn't really explain was the addition of Hawkeye (or whoever that role is).

"Black Spider-man" was my fav.

Loved the Iron Man suit find. Not to sure about the person taking up the mantle though. When I see the new suit, it reminds me of the Youngblood character. I guess they have to get back at Liefeld for his ripoff of Iron Man.

Pat

Hawkeye was Bullseye

doh!

I forgot about that storyline.

When I saw the cover with Hawkeye versus Ronin, I thought they might be trying to disguise a new Ronin for the millionth time. It clouded my thinking.

Pat

Thought this issue was fantastic! What a gallery of rogues! Not one character is playing with a full deck. Last week's issue of Thunderbolts was also good. Never mind Obama's appearance in ASM 583...

Also thought this was a good touch:

da2.jpg

da1.jpg

Doc Doom 'aint no Tony Stark - haha!