• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wow (Ebay Related)

25 posts in this topic

So I found a book that I been looking for, at a pretty low price compared to what I see it sell for. So I ask the seller who used what appears to be a stock photo and advertised as N/M.

Now I been burned before on "N/M" so as what I usually do in these cases is ask for a front and back cover scan of actual book, I figuire this is pretty standard and I really have never got a seller refuse to do so.....until now.

The seller responded

"Sorry but we can't do scans of each item. We have over 7,000,000 comics in stock at any one time and it is impractical to scan them all. The scan we show on e-bay is a representative image of the issue and can be of any grade. Please check our website www.milehighcomics.com for our grading standards. If you get the book and don't think the grading is right. You can send it back for a replacement or refund."

But thats not the point I do not want to buy a book, tie up money, get a book that is not N/M and then send it back for "replacement" or maybe a "refund"

Am I being to picky here? How hard is it to do a scan of a book? I just do not feel comfortable buying a book that I cannot at least get a scan of.

Honestly I do not much travel this forum, I hang in the....selling forum, or occasional Modern.

Honestly, no I heard of Milehigh from way back in the days I think they advertised in a full page ad that was yellow in the 80's or 90's????

I just got back in the hobby in June and really have not fully got versed in the who is bad stuff.

the Book is Iron Man 128 for 49.95 or something supposedly N/M

So I found a book that I been looking for, at a pretty low price compared to what I see it sell for. So I ask the seller who used what appears to be a stock photo and advertised as N/M.

Now I been burned before on "N/M" so as what I usually do in these cases is ask for a front and back cover scan of actual book, I figuire this is pretty standard and I really have never got a seller refuse to do so.....until now.

The seller responded

"Sorry but we can't do scans of each item. We have over 7,000,000 comics in stock at any one time and it is impractical to scan them all. The scan we show on e-bay is a representative image of the issue and can be of any grade. Please check our website www.milehighcomics.com for our grading standards. If you get the book and don't think the grading is right. You can send it back for a replacement or refund."

But thats not the point I do not want to buy a book, tie up money, get a book that is not N/M and then send it back for "replacement" or maybe a "refund"

Am I being to picky here? How hard is it to do a scan of a book? I just do not feel comfortable buying a book that I cannot at least get a scan of.

The simple answer here is: DON'T BUY THE BOOK. We all want to feel comfortable with anything we buy. If it just doesn't feel right, then don't do it. Move on and start your search for another one.

Place a Want to Buy thread in the "Want to buy thread", for an Iron Man 128 NM. you will find there are lots of peopkle here on the boards who have exactly what you are looking for. For the most part, the people on these boards can grade better than your average Ebay seller.

I have an IM 128 in NM, while I dont want to sell it, if I did I wouldnt charge 50 bucks....

Good luck

Artboy99

You've got to love Ole Chuckie,his response was"I have 7,000,000 items and can't scan each item for sale"?So he puts up a file pic. of the item says it's NM ,but when you recieve it the grade is an 8.0.He must not want to sell anything.He sure is a piece of work AVOID! AVOID! DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!

Great advice from all the posters.If anyone wants to really sell a book, and feels it is graded in the ball park, they will gladly send you a scan. Take your money elswhere. Good luck! (thumbs u

The seller responded

"Sorry but we can't do scans of each item. We have over 7,000,000 comics in stock at any one time and it is impractical to scan them all. The scan we show on e-bay is a representative image of the issue and can be of any grade.

That's my business model, "I've got too many comics to be worried about comics. Don't bother me, I'm trying to sell comics." :sumo:

Funny I was lookng at abook from Mycomicshopon ebay aka LONE Star comics.. SAD way to sell but here is what they told me..

"Hello .. sorry but due to the large amount of orders and inquiries we cannot answer question about specific comics..If the item you see posted is one that you wish to purchase we reccomend u not purchase it- we guarentee that we ship the item that we have named in the auction"

I was like HUH?? I asked him if the smudge was on the book or was it the scanner bed..What an insufficiently_thoughtful_person..

I will NEVER buy from anyone who cant at least take the time to answer a question..

Anyone know lonestar comics?? This guy is someone i would not buy from EVER!!! looks like Mile high is the same thanks for the heads up..They wont get any of my money!

Lone star is really good,Their grading is somtimes spotty but for every comic that Ibought that was over graded there were also comics under graded (shrug) But to make a long story short dont count em out. 2c

Honestly I do not much travel this forum, I hang in the....selling forum, or occasional Modern.

Honestly, no I heard of Milehigh from way back in the days I think they advertised in a full page ad that was yellow in the 80's or 90's????

I just got back in the hobby in June and really have not fully got versed in the who is bad stuff.

the Book is Iron Man 128 for 49.95 or something supposedly N/M

I'm not ripping on you or anything.

It's just that he's the butt of so many jokes around here.

I've used Lone Star Comics to fill some holes in my Modern collection. I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised in general when buying in bulk. I have run into problems where books were damaged in the mail, but they sent me replacements immediately.

They also have good customer service and you can talk to them on the phone.

Just my 2c