• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I received some life changing news today....

58 posts in this topic

My wife also had the procedure about 7 years ago -- and currently she works for the gastric program at the hospital now. I should have looked into the surgery years ago but just kept trying to loose by dieting and exercise -- for me it was great to loose 50 pounds but I could never could keep it off, it would always work its way back . I do hope to have plastic surgery after the weight is lost , but really havent looked that far into that yet .

I haven't ever chatted with you Mike, but I wish you all of the best. I don't have to tell you how hard the procedure is as I am sure you know full well. I will say a prayer for you and your family.

The photo at the bottom of your post is your daughter I am assuming. She is adorable, and the best reason to have done what you have chosen to do. Her daddy needs him around for many, many years to come. (thumbs u

Take care my friend.

Scott

I have been approved by my insurance company for the gastric bypass surgery.For anybody that has met me in person you would know that my screen name of "BigMike" was a very deserving moniker . I go for the consult with the surgeon tomorrow to get things set up . Wish me luck :wishluck:

Looking forward to the eventual changing of your screename to LittleMike.

Good luck.

Good Luck but also know that if you don't change your habits your weight can still come back. It happened to one guy I know. He was already single too.

I have met you in person and you were really nowhere as big as the people as many I have known who have had this or need it.

Good Luck but also know that if you don't change your habits your weight can still come back. It happened to one guy I know. He was already single too.

I have met you in person and you were really nowhere as big as the people as many I have known who have had this or need it.

I carry my weight well --- lol

Hey Big Mike. You don't know me but I talked with you at the Mid Ohio Con and even though you are a big fella, you ain't all THAT big.

I hate to see you have that surgery if you don't have to. Couldn't maybe the insurance company get you a health club membership and a personal trainer? They would probably save money by doing that, and I know they want to save money.

I ain't being an a-hole here. I'm being serious. I just hate to see people being cut on. You seemed like a very nice guy and like I said. You ain't that big.

Whatever you decide. I wish you very good luck and all the best.

There is an insanely high divorce rate after the surgery.

There is an insanely high divorce rate after drinking a cup of water - marriage is DEAD no matter what you do!! lol

That's sig line material right there. (thumbs u

There is an insanely high divorce rate after the surgery.

There is an insanely high divorce rate after drinking a cup of water - marriage is DEAD no matter what you do!! lol

The two of you are so um positive! (:

i was under the impression that the surgery was only for people who are obese. i've seen a few pics of BigMike here on the boards and he is by no means obese.

anyhow, good luck!

OK -- now dont be alarmed but here is the truth -- I`m 6`1`` and currently at 411 :o - but i do carry it pretty good , if there is a way to carry that much excess baggage -- hows that for some sobering truth-- at one time i was at 235 in college and think i looked pretty good ( weight room , basketball , softball etc...) - the ladies thought so too :acclaim: .. that is the weight that I think should be my goal, so i aim to loose 175 pounds