• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Classic Incorporated

11 posts in this topic

If I have an Amazing Spider-man #1 without a cover. Is it worth sending to Classic Incorporated or am I just screwing myself over? I figure it will be restored because, I'm adding to the comic. Do you'll think people will buy it? What is your stance on Classics Incoporated as a company in general?

You would most likely be turning a 0.5 comic into a better looking but restored 0.5 comic, possibly decreasing its value. If you are doing it because it will help preserve the book and you want to hold onto it, that is cool.

If you want to make the book more valuable or easier to sell, adding the high quality reproduction cover available from one of the board members here would make your book more attractive.

As far as CI goes, they seem to do high quality and professional work.

If I have an Amazing Spider-man #1 without a cover. Is it worth sending to Classic Incorporated or am I just screwing myself over? I figure it will be restored because, I'm adding to the comic. Do you'll think people will buy it? What is your stance on Classics Incoporated as a company in general?

Depends on a few things, mainly what condition the interior is in and if you plan on selling it, or keeping it. If the interior is nice and your intention is to have a cover put on just to sell it, I would recommend against that. I would sell it coverless and save the cost of having a repro cover slapped on it.

If the new owner wants to have it done they can. I see putting repro covers on interiors as a way for a collector to own a copy they otherwise could not afford look complete. Not a way to make an interior more "marketable"

And btw, I work for Matt and Classics Inc. so my stance on the company might be biased. But I can say that I am much more handsome then Matt. (:

Depends on a few things, mainly what condition the interior is in and if you plan on selling it, or keeping it. If the interior is nice and your intention is to have a cover put on just to sell it, I would recommend against that. I would sell it coverless and save the cost of having a repro cover slapped on it.

If the new owner wants to have it done they can. I see putting repro covers on interiors as a way for a collector to own a copy they otherwise could not afford look complete. Not a way to make an interior more "marketable"

And btw, I work for Matt and Classics Inc. so my stance on the company might be biased. But I can say that I am much more handsome then Matt. (:

:roflmao:

Are you saying you need less resto than Matt? Hahaha

-Rob-

:roflmao:

Are you saying you need less resto than Matt? Hahaha

-Rob-

Or he has had more. :baiting:

Why not just find an actual Spidey #1 cover and marry the two?

Actually the dear Dr. brings up a good point, I was in a hurry this morning and tailored my reply to the op thinking him wanting a repro cover put on it. I now see he really didn't specify. I guess a lot more info is needed from Flemming about what his goals are before handing out anymore advice.