• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL - What major characters will lose the most popularity in the next 20 years?

Which major characters will lose the most popularity in the next 20 years?  

606 members have voted

1. 1. Which major characters will lose the most popularity in the next 20 years?

88 posts in this topic

i voted for punny, but those that voted for spidey needs to put the crack pipe down! :screwy:

yeah, my 4 year old nephew is OBSESSED with Spidey. We're talking "crack pipe" levels of obsession here.

Been to the toy department lately? There are more Spidey toys there than Batman, Iron Man & Hulk COMBINED. And they all had movies out in 2008. Spidey didn't.

The next generation of Spidey fans is there folks. He ain't going anywhere.

I didn't voye for the Punisher because I figure he's already lost the huge popularity he had 15 - 20 years ago. Pity, I like Frank.

Punisher

Punisher, Wonder Woman and Daredevil. I love DD but it seems nobody else does.

:hi:

DD is the Batman that Marvel never had.

:cloud9:

Superman due to the copywrite problems, DC won`t promote Supes as much knowing they only will get half the cut. Batman because I can`t ever seeing him being as popular as he is now due to Heath Ledger and Punisher his recent movie was the lowest grossing Marvel superhero movie of all time,even the Spirit wiped the floor with him.

thats a good point about Supermans iffy corporate future. But as much as I champion the Siegels in their effort to reclaim their half or Superman, I have to think that a settlement will happen sooner than a split ownership. Maybe precisely for the reasons you state: diminished interest for either party to support the franchise.

Rather than actually be IN the Superman business, I think the Siegels will opt for a huge "its about dammn time" payoff with substantial income in perpetuity for the family.

Spider-Man. I figure the kids of the world are getting smarter and will be able to see something their fanboy fathers couldn`t: how lame he truly is.

jla_55.jpg

18jla.jpg