• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Investment Collectibles site hacked

31 posts in this topic

Take his word for it. Once there, there's no way to get out of it but to restart your computer.

That is why I did not list the link but you can force close it though task manager.

Some people are dillholes that like to hack or write viruses just to be annoying and think that they are E Thugs/ E Gangsters and probably live a pathetic life that they have nothing better to do then to be malicious onlne.

This may be a very silly question but what benefit do they gain by hacking this site?

Most likely a personal grudge.

Yep, guaranteed he ticked off the wrong person, or someone who knew the wrong people. No one goes to this level of effort to hack some lame funny book site just out of the blue.

Sure they do. Some people do it just for fun and look for weak secured sites to cause havoc or to practice their black hat tactics and then move on from their. I even know some guys that use to do it in the past while I hung out on different irc channels. If you think that no one goes to this level for no reason you are sadly mistaken. Just look at the hacking industry be it virus writers or hackers. It is very malicious on the black hat side.

My money's still on someone getting scammed/ripped by the site.

And since comic book site hacking is so prevalent and incredibly popular, perhaps you can list all the others that have been attacked in the past year.

Never said it was comic book sites. My point is that sometimes these hackers just target random sites that have weak security which is usally sites that don't mantain their updates on a regular basis. So for this site to be attacked randomly is a possibilty which is my point on what you said "No one goes to this level of effort to hack some lame funny book site just out of the blue. " which is that yes people sometimes just attack random sites out of the blue.

My money's still on someone getting scammed/ripped by the site.

And since comic book site hacking is so prevalent and incredibly popular, perhaps you can list all the others that have been attacked in the past year.

Someone hacked into Milehigh and put the most insane prices on their books. :gossip: