• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadwood

23 posts in this topic

Did three excellent series, then HBO pulled it when, I think, the main creator went off to do something else. There was talk of a couple of movies to finish the whole thing off but they never got off the ground.

Shame as it was one of the best shows of all time.

Consolidating myself now by watching every series of the Shield.

I loved this series! I was very upset when I found out they just stopped at the end of the third season. :mad:

I heard that HBO had to cut back on budget and Deadwood was expensive to produce. (shrug)

It was a shame either way. Best series by HBO ever in my opinion.

I think HBO has made a lot of great shows. (The Wire is one of the best shows ever made IMHO) A friend of mine was always talking about Deadwood, so I was going to pick up the DVDs, but before I got around to it, I heard it was cancelled. I didn't even want to get into the show after hearing it was cancelled, so I never picked up the DVD's and I probably never will.

I think HBO has made a lot of great shows. (The Wire is one of the best shows ever made IMHO) A friend of mine was always talking about Deadwood, so I was going to pick up the DVDs, but before I got around to it, I heard it was cancelled. I didn't even want to get into the show after hearing it was cancelled, so I never picked up the DVD's and I probably never will.

I thought this post was referring to my box stock.

You, sir are an idgit... (and those are soft words... Swearengen would have used far worse)

Deadwood is one of the best shows ever produced in the history of television.

Unfortunately, not enough of the sheep followed it...

It's not as if the whole thing ends abruptly after series 3. I was annoyed when I heard there was to be no more but looking back on it now I kind of like the idea that those characters are still floating around with unfinished business.

Maybe I take my TV shows too seriously!

Yes, the Wire is a great show but, IMHO, Deadwood is better. It was even cool to find out that the majority of the characters were based on real people - including Al Swearengen.

It's not as if the whole thing ends abruptly after series 3.

Actually it kind of did. The show ended on the verge of war between Hearst's men and the pious folk of Deadwood.

What an amazing, amazing show. Like Shakespeare with Tourette's Syndrome. I miss it very much.

Actually it kind of did. The show ended on the verge of war between Hearst's men and the pious folk of Deadwood.

What an amazing, amazing show. Like Shakespeare with Tourette's Syndrome. I miss it very much.

Well I'd have to disagree somewhat. Hearst leaves Deadwood with his tail between his legs in the last episode and there is the assumption that that particular conflict is over.

Don't think there were many pious folk in Deadwood either.

I agree that it was - is - an amazing show and I do miss it as well.

Maybe they will do a 10 years later show in, erm, 10 years!

Well I'd have to disagree somewhat. Hearst leaves Deadwood with his tail between his legs in the last episode and there is the assumption that that particular conflict is over.

Don't think there were many pious folk in Deadwood either.

That was my interpretation as well.

The gov't got what they wanted. Hearst got dealt with. Many of the personal stories, while not quite perfect did receive some resolution.

Not the ideal end but I don't think it was abrupt and left a lot hanging.