• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

I was at the Mid-Ohio show this past weekend and had a chance to do a little shopping. Not a ton of HG Ninja Turtle books, but if condition isn't a concern, there was a pretty good selection compared to what I normally see.

I also got a heck of a deal on a pre-done piece by Josh Warner. I'll try to snap pictures tonight a post it here. :)

Hello Everybody,

I came across an opportunity to buy a copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 CGC 6.0 First Print for $550. Just wanted to know does this sound like a good deal since Overstreet Price Guide doesn't put a value on it because the price range is so sporadic. I'm buy for long term value but I don't know if the demand will be there for this comic twenty years from now.

Any suggestions thanks.

Hello Everybody,

I came across an opportunity to buy a copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 CGC 6.0 First Print for $550. Just wanted to know does this sound like a good deal since Overstreet Price Guide doesn't put a value on it because the price range is so sporadic. I'm buy for long term value but I don't know if the demand will be there for this comic twenty years from now.

Any suggestions thanks.

Going by GPA (which uses real sales data), I'd say that's a good deal. You don't find many first prints in grades under 7.0 very often and they often get snapped up quickly so people can own a copy for a good price. Assuming it's a Universal label (i.e. not restored), I'd say it's a good deal. If you decide to pass on it, send me the info and I'll likely buy it. :)

What's this thing off to the left? It's signed and numbered and limited to 20 pieces. Looks like a poster but all that white on the bottom edge makes me think it might be a giant comic book?

1zfjthw.jpg

I can't say for sure, but it looks like a print that was made for free comic book day, presumably by the artist who was making an appearance at a local shop. The limited nature was probably publicized to get people in the doors early. Just a guess and I have no idea who the artist is.

I finally got around to getting a picture of a cool pickup from Mid-Ohio. I think a scanner that can handle 11x17 pieces is on my Christmas list. lol

I got this from Josh Warner. He had the colored print of this in the front of his bin of prints. I asked if he still had the original and he said it sold. I started rummaging through his originals bin an lo and behold, I found the original! When I showed it to him, he was as surprised as I was. I feel I got a great deal for getting the pencils, the blue line inks, and a colored print all in one shot. I love the 1st issue feel:

WarnerJosh-Leonardo1.jpg

WarnerJosh-Leonardo2.jpg

WarnerJosh-Leonardo3.jpg

I took the plunge and bought it in this auction here below on ebay. I didn't want to give up my source before hand because I knew someone would grab it before I did today. I paid $949.99 for the four comics listed below. Let me know if it still a deal or the biggest mistake of the century.

#1 CGC 6.0 1st Print

#2 CGC 9.6 1st Print

#3 CGC 9.4 1st Print

#4 CGC 9.6 1st Print

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=170565563729&si=989aF8z4ClRt%252F8j0DKaHaSTg68c%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I finally got around to getting a picture of a cool pickup from Mid-Ohio. I think a scanner that can handle 11x17 pieces is on my Christmas list. lol

I got this from Josh Warner. He had the colored print of this in the front of his bin of prints. I asked if he still had the original and he said it sold. I started rummaging through his originals bin an lo and behold, I found the original! When I showed it to him, he was as surprised as I was. I feel I got a great deal for getting the pencils, the blue line inks, and a colored print all in one shot. I love the 1st issue feel:

:applause:

I was trying to negotiate just on the first issue alone, but didn't want to take the chance on losing it to someone else. I know alot of us are real thirsty for a first issue first price in pretty much any grade if the price is right when it comes to TMNT.

the GPA 90 days average is

#1 - 6.0 - $750 (not really useful since there are not that many transactions)

#2 - 9.6 - $221 (recent was $300 but that is wack)

#3 - 9.4 - $46

#4 - 9.6 - $64

now you can see why the original asking price of $999 didn't have any takers...the books are fairly price and the price you got is decent...not a bargain where you flip tomorrow for big profit.

I had my eye on those but just didn't want to put down the money for the extra 3 books that I have little use for. If he had listed them as a broken up set, I'd have likely taken the #1. I'd probably crack it out and have it as my "reader copy".

I like to have high-grade slabbed copies of the TMNT books and reader copies to accompany them. Unfortunately, finding a "reader copy" #1 first print is a little tough. lol

I wasn't really inerested in 2,3, and 4 but had to pick them up to get the first issue. If I were to list them on ebay once I got them would anyone be interested in buying the below issues?

#2 CGC 9.6 1st Print

#3 CGC 9.4 1st Print

#4 CGC 9.6 1st Print

I would probably sell them for about $350 to $375 total. If that sounds to high I will just hold on to them as a set. I feel good about the purchase. All my comics are slabbed. I will see what the prices are like when the new movie comes out.