• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

I'm putting some last minute touches on my registry set (except for descriptions which are inexplicably locked). When I get a chance, I'll scan them and put them here. (thumbs u

I think I'm finished with my registry set for the awards. My books got delayed at CGC, so I won't have a complete set until next week or so, but I'm still sitting at 93% right now and it'll be around 98% done. I can't wait to get these books in-hand. :banana:

Ninja kick the damn rabbit! - TMNT 1-62

What are you referring to? The recently finished Pedigree auction?

yes.

I was the one who purchased the white Turtlemania. And I thought the Gold didn't sell. Either I missed something or I misunderstood you...or both. (shrug)

Both apparently.

The 9/10 gold sold privately along with a high grade silver and white, but was however the same book from the auction.

I think I'm finished with my registry set for the awards. My books got delayed at CGC, so I won't have a complete set until next week or so, but I'm still sitting at 93% right now and it'll be around 98% done. I can't wait to get these books in-hand. :banana:

Ninja kick the damn rabbit! - TMNT 1-62

I just checked out the TMNT registry for the first time. I guess the guy in the #1 spot with only one book must have the recently sold 9.8 #1?

I just checked out the TMNT registry for the first time. I guess the guy in the #1 spot with only one book must have the recently sold 9.8 #1?

That's debatable as he doesn't have a picture up in the registry and he hasn't come here to brag about it here as I know I would if I were the owner (I'd probably have a t-shirt made :grin: ). However, he did register the recently-sold 9.8

New frames came in today!

IMAG00911.jpg

I went through http://www.gweedosshowcase.com/

I can't say anything but great things about his work.

This looks AWESOME! That's a great way to present these early TMNT books. Very nice! :applause:

Ok... I need to start charging a 10% cover on y'all for frequenting my thread.

Gimme yer Turtles! lol!

And Adam, I still can't believe ONE book alone gets to trump EVERYTHING you've acquired. I mean, yes, it's a 9.8 but how much lower is your copy in terms of grade when compared to the point value? And that's not even mentioning every other book you're bringing to the table.

This is one of those instances where some corrections really need to be made on the point scale in the registry.

And Adam, I still can't believe ONE book alone gets to trump EVERYTHING you've acquired. I mean, yes, it's a 9.8 but how much lower is your copy in terms of grade when compared to the point value? And that's not even mentioning every other book you're bringing to the table.

This is one of those instances where some corrections really need to be made on the point scale in the registry.

I don't disagree with you, Forrest. However, I brought up this very issue in the registry area of the forums asking for opinions. Opinions were split. I'll be sure to keep working to improve my set and the overall TMNT registry. Among other things, I'm going to ask that the "TMNT 1-62" set get a name change to "TMNT volume 1", which feels more appropriate with all the one-shots and reprints mixed in.

Glenn, that's a FANTASTIC commission from Lawson. He always does a great job!

:banana:

I got my latest batch of books back! Even though I didn't get these back in time for the registry awards, I'm THRILLED to have them back.

Here's a cool one. I knew it was coming back as the highest-graded copy (there's a 9.4 SS on the census as well), but I didn't know it had siamese pages until I opened the box. I didn't know anything about siamese pages until I joined the boards and I still rarely see them. Errors like this plagued early Mirage books and I'm happy to have yet another example of these errors.

Raphael #1 2nd print:

Raphael12ndPrint96.jpg

I don't disagree with you, Forrest. However, I brought up this very issue in the registry area of the forums asking for opinions. Opinions were split. I'll be sure to keep working to improve my set and the overall TMNT registry. Among other things, I'm going to ask that the "TMNT 1-62" set get a name change to "TMNT volume 1", which feels more appropriate with all the one-shots and reprints mixed in.

I noticed you *conveniently* overlooked the commission remark ;)lol

Congrats on the 9.6 siamese--that's a first for me. And regardless of your ranking, ANYONE who actually looks at the contents of the collection would be a fool to actually think someone with one book a fraction of a grade higher actually has a more solid collection than yours. 2c

I noticed you *conveniently* overlooked the commission remark ;)lol

Congrats on the 9.6 siamese--that's a first for me. And regardless of your ranking, ANYONE who actually looks at the contents of the collection would be a fool to actually think someone with one book a fraction of a grade higher actually has a more solid collection than yours. 2c

I'll tell you what...next time I'm in your neck of the woods, I'll buy you a drink as your commission. (thumbs u lol

One thing I'm psyched about is that I got all my new books added to the registry (although not all descriptions and photos) and even though I don't have the counterfeit #2, I am showing 100% completion! :banana: I'll finish adding photos and descriptions over the next few days, but I'm very excited to have a book for every official slot (though I still want the counterfeit issues for my collection and I know I still need to get a #5 2nd print graded). Missing the counterfeit, I thought I'd be at 98% or 99%, but that 100% looks nice. :banana: Thanks for the compliments, all!