• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

Forgot the Gobledygooks that were on the last comiclink auction. Just checked their final prices. Seems there was a significant drop from when those copies sold last.

Wow!! I had no idea someone sold one of the books that I had sold to them...sort of weird seeing my name in an auction.

I remember when I sold my books all here on the boards thinking that I could probably get much more through auction, but I sort of liked the idea of selling to buyers who might not have been able to buy it otherwise (they were all sold with time payments), without having to compete with others, and at reasonable prices. I guess auctioning off is simply the way to go.

I posted the ballpark prices on the Gobbledygook auction over on page 5 of the thread "There IS a market for ultra-rare Copper books" or somesuch.

Basically

Heritage, February:

# 1 (VF+) $11,000+

# 2 (VF/NM) just under $4,500

Heritage (May):

# 1 (NM-) $6,300

# 2 (NM-) $2,400

Comiclink (last week):

# 1 (VF/NM): $4,200

# 2 (VF/NM): $1,900

That's good info. I just like looking at the descriptions for items like this. It's interesting to see how much condition and provenance play a factor in sales like this.

I just got some grades for some books that got signed at SDCC by Kevin Eastman. I'm very happy with the grades. I'll be sure to post the books when they arrive.

Can someone point me at the post a few months ago about some weird TMNT bootleg ashcan special or something? IIRC, not officially published, made by Talbot (I think?) for people at Mirage? Or am I drunk again?

Isnt the ashcan for the new series that just came out?

You think thats expensive? You should check out the sellers first feedback!

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Original Art (#180097047814) US $250,099.00"

If I remember correctly thats when Kevin or Peter sold the original artwork for the entire TMNT 1 issue. Quite frankly I would definitely rather have that than a copy of action 1 or detective 27.

If you can't find original art you can always use this... :whee:

TMNT001-1.jpg

Man, I remember when the variant white cover of that book sold for $25 a pop.

Now its not even listed in the PG.

If I remember correctly thats when Kevin or Peter sold the original artwork for the entire TMNT 1 issue. Quite frankly I would definitely rather have that than a copy of action 1 or detective 27.

TMNT001-1.jpg

The funny thing is the OSPG doesnt even really list TMNT 1. I know technically its listed but I just cant get over the fact that for the last 6 or 7 years they cant assign this book an actual price even though they assign prices to Gobbledygook 1 and 2 whose sales are very limited and the prices are all over the place.

TMNT001-1.jpg

IMO that's what you want for this comic to wind up in the "dollar bin" . So they get bent up and flipped through. Then in a few years they are hard to find in high grade... :wishluck:...I watched it happen with Marvels G.I. Joe.

TMNT001-1.jpg

IMO that's what you want for this comic to wind up in the "dollar bin" . So they get bent up and flipped through. Then in a few years they are hard to find in high grade... :wishluck:...I watched it happen with Marvels G.I. Joe.

Ssshhhhhh..... Loose lips sink ships.

congrats! :)

what's a presented set if you don't mind me asking?

+1 :popcorn:

They give out a variety of awards on top of being the top spot in a given set. One of the of awards is "Best Presented Set" and it's given to sets that the judging panel feels put a lot of effort into book descriptions, set descriptions, and photos/scans. This year, Silent Master (G.I. Joe), NewEnglandGothic (Locke & Key), and I were recognized.