• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

Congrats to the seller! : )

What Adam said.

I think I got a great deal. I've been trying for 2+ years to see Kevin in NY and it isn't happening (shrug)

I'll love that book even if 100 of the same show up overnight. I still drool at the colors, and Kevin and Peters art. + Shredder looks insanely wicked :mad: This has to be one of my top 10 favorite turtle cover art.

It brings me back to when I was 12, this book was in the newsstand racks. Digging in my pockets for some change. What will it be today? Spiderman, Hulk, or Turtles...hmm.

Getting this book is my medicine and it's keeping me from being depressed about my signing situation.

Thank you PeasOfCrap :D

-Pete

lol

:hi: sup adam thanks for the kind words on the book and congrats to the newlyweds and lastly the latest TMNT slabs you aquired. bravo!

with the return of the turtles via IDW, Nick and new movie i expect an strong upward trend on pricing.

thanks to the buyer.

Pete,

First of all, thank you for the purchase. (worship)

I totally dig the backstory of you diggin for the change.

I know, Heavy Metal has been dodging NYCC. I have been trying to get a sketch of each turtle on these Secret Invasion covers from Kevin for awhile now.

Too bad as with all the new sketch covers, I am over the SI blank. oh well.

-Glenn

Congrats to the seller! : )

What Adam said.

I think I got a great deal. I've been trying for 2+ years to see Kevin in NY and it isn't happening (shrug)

I'll love that book even if 100 of the same show up overnight. I still drool at the colors, and Kevin and Peters art. + Shredder looks insanely wicked :mad: This has to be one of my top 10 favorite turtle cover art.

It brings me back to when I was 12, this book was in the newsstand racks. Digging in my pockets for some change. What will it be today? Spiderman, Hulk, or Turtles...hmm.

Getting this book is my medicine and it's keeping me from being depressed about my signing situation.

Thank you PeasOfCrap :D

-Pete

lol

:hi: sup adam thanks for the kind words on the book and congrats to the newlyweds and lastly the latest TMNT slabs you aquired. bravo!

with the return of the turtles via IDW, Nick and new movie i expect an strong upward trend on pricing.

thanks to the buyer.

(worship)

Thanks dudes for the nice words. I think it's an awesome book.

And huge thanks Glenn! Can I ask why you decided to sell it?

This thread and board is THE goldmine for turtle lovers, young and old.

Now I need to go back a few pages and drool at Adam's new books...

Thanks for the link. Just watched it.

Bear in mind when you watch it, it's a fan film. Fan films are hit or miss. Some are bad. Really bad.

Since most fan films are made by people trying to get into the movie business, their budgets are out of pocket so to speak. So they aren't high quality.

Given that. I thought it was a really F'N cool fan film. (thumbs u (thumbs u

It was cool! :cloud9:

So here is something kinda fun.

I have the distinct honor of being friends with Ken Mitchroney (Original TMNTA artist). We became fast friends through the Turtles fandom, and later were co-workers at the Walt Disney company.

Kenny hadn't been on the inside of SDCC for something like 20 years. He decided to attend as a fan this year, and we spent most of one of the days walking the floor together.

Then an idea struck me... Ken had brought me some books as a gift, one of which happened to be a copy of TMNTA #3 (the first Turtles book he drew). So I drug him by the CGC booth and we had it SSed.

Despite the grade (as I said, this wasn't a planned thing, so I didn't have a chance to hunt down a high grade), this book is really special to me as this is the one and only SSed Ken Mitchroney book (as of this post):

100_8177.jpg

100_8180.jpg

100_8178.jpg

Edited by Archon_Turtle

Really nice book + insane signature! That cover is one of my favorites.

Is Ken Mitchroney still drawing any books?

-Pete

He still draws, but seldom books. He is an official artist for the Rat Fink estate, so he does that.

Professionally these days you're more likely to see him directing animation or story boarding.

Edited by Archon_Turtle

Check out these pictures (there is a few) of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cereal. Has anyone ever seen this IRL? It looks good : )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-Cereal-Rare-Retail-Pack-/120686622284?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c197bb64c

This picture is my favorite. The lady in the red track suit is so deliriously happy, that she about to run herself right into the wall:

02-16-058.JPG

Little marshmellow weapons.. turtle bowl, I'm in love.

:D