• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

and finally a copy of #2....2nd print....pretty darn nice.

I never was able to come up with a copy of #1 or 2 first prints as a kid....

I had a #1 second print that I sold raw a year or two ago....and I sold my OO #2 2nd print many moons ago.

It's fun to see them again.

135403.jpg.a1cad160823b4a0b66ad7c8c917472c6.jpg

Good morning to you all,

I am new this forum and I love the turtles very much. I started collecting around the 1990's when my best friend brought me to a comic shop one day, and I soon found my true love for comics. I was 16 at the time. Eventually I came across a few good items in the late 1990's, and since getting married I completely stopped collectiing because the wifey don'r like it. Oh well, that's O.K.. I love her very much, and have 4 year-old son out of it.

I wanted to know if any of thsee are worth good money. I came across two cover arts from the original series. one was number 30, and the other one was number 37. I was wondering what these may be worth now. I was digging in my closet the other day after 8 years later, and I almost forgot about these.

Any helpful info will be very welcomed. Thanks. John.

135422.jpg.7266bde711394872e1d36a5adfe0910e.jpg

135423.jpg.f55fac289d51f92bc1267a9e6c65545c.jpg

135424.jpg.87ae7cb0d686636d30d86bc7bac971cd.jpg

Edited by 4turtles2007

I had a feeling you were probably watching that one. I was going to bid on that one too. I had $68 queued up on the eBay iphone app and before I hit submit it jumped to 68.98, so I would have lost anyway. I guess it's better you lost by a dollar than 2 cents :)

I'm still kicking myself for letting that 5th print 9.8 get away. Better luck next time, eh? :wishluck:

Hello guys. I was wondering if any of you guys have any experience submitting turtle books thru CGC. I was looking at the service and fees, and I have a question. I want to submit the first 4 books of the turtles series, but not sure what service to use. Would it be the magazine size comic or the regular service, and if so can I submit thru the economy which has a $200 max per book on it? This info would be very appreciated. And what shipping method is the most secured so the books don't get lost. Thanks, John.

NEVER MIND - I just found out in the "Ask CGC section."

Edited by 4turtles2007

Good morning to you all,

I am new this forum and I love the turtles very much. I started collecting around the 1990's when my best friend brought me to a comic shop one day, and I soon found my true love for comics. I was 16 at the time. Eventually I came across a few good items in the late 1990's, and since getting married I completely stopped collectiing because the wifey don'r like it. Oh well, that's O.K.. I love her very much, and have 4 year-old son out of it.

I wanted to know if any of thsee are worth good money. I came across two cover arts from the original series. one was number 30, and the other one was number 37. I was wondering what these may be worth now. I was digging in my closet the other day after 8 years later, and I almost forgot about these.

Don't want to make you think we are ignoring you 4turtles2007 but honestly I don't know much about cover art. Cool pieces regardless! (thumbs u

Good morning to you all,

Don't want to make you think we are ignoring you 4turtles2007 but honestly I don't know much about cover art. Cool pieces regardless! (thumbs u

+1

have no clue what these would be valued at. There is a forum on this site dedicated to OA (original art) so you may want to repost there...

Welcome to the boards

I had a #1 second print that I sold raw a year or two ago....and I sold my OO #2 2nd print many moons ago.

Did you get a good return on the #1 second print?

Did you get a good return on the #1 second print?

Well. I paid cover price and sold it for something like $150 so yeah. I did ok. It was a NM until I crunched a corner on a flight years ago. Sold it as a F/VF. Probably worth a bit more now as all good comics are.

Not many. More importantly, according to a gamestop rep I spoke to about it they destroyed whatever didn't get used for the pre-orders. So there is basically one copy for every copy of the 2007 movie game that was pre-ordered. Which...wasn't many.

Of all the printings of #1, this one actually gave me the most fits.

Edited by Archon_Turtle

It took me awhile to find one too. If you're looking for a VF copy, just keep checking eBay and one will eventually pop up. (thumbs u

If you want a CGC 9.6/9.8 candidate, you're in for a search. Good luck. lol

Even though they are tough to find, it doesn't seem like a lot of people are looking for them yet. So you might not have to pay an insane amount for it yet...

Well you guys just convinced me to buy this copy. We'll see how "mint" it is.

Damn you! My watch list is rapidly filling up with "Ended" items. I need to start pulling the trigger. As my dad used to say to me, "mess or get off the pot."

Not many. More importantly, according to a gamestop rep I spoke to about it they destroyed whatever didn't get used for the pre-orders. So there is basically one copy for every copy of the 2007 movie game that was pre-ordered. Which...wasn't many.

Of all the printings of #1, this one actually gave me the most fits.

Archon, were these supposed to be shrink-wrapped with the game? I got some copies years ago at the GameStop by my work. They gave them to me for free when I asked about them. The stack they had of them would seem to indicate either that the extras all weren't destroyed or they gave me the copies that were supposed to go with the games they had.