• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

Great stuff, Stephen! I've got to assume those were done at the Cincinnati Comic Expo, right? They look great!

Dayum that sneak peek one looks awesome. Got an extra Pete? :P

I've got one more SS copy and that's a keeper. I do have 1 universal copy, though.

Is it normal for a CGC Facilitator to charge an additional $20 to pick up a sketch and $12 to ship 1 book back?

I have never done this before, but I feel like that is ridiculous. I was given a total of $69 for picking up and grading one book....almost as much as the commission itself. Seems off..... suggestions?

Is it normal for a CGC Facilitator to charge an additional $20 to pick up a sketch and $12 to ship 1 book back?

I have never done this before, but I feel like that is ridiculous. I was given a total of $69 for picking up and grading one book....almost as much as the commission itself. Seems off..... suggestions?

Depends on the facilitator - it can be a pain in the to pick up sketch covers, so most people charge $10-20 pr. pickup. For the return shipping, if the book is being mailed directly to you from CGC, the $12 is pretty close to being straight-up cost for UPS shipping.

I only got a few books done at the Cincinnati comic expo and they just came back. Only the #24 and #26 are new, but I included the #25 to round out the set. All signed by Rick Veitch:

th_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles24SS.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles25SS.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles26SS.jpg

Here's one that I almost missed as I didn't remember he wrote the introduction until the day before I left. One of the few books from Volume 1 worked on by Steve Bissette:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles35SS.jpg

Anyone know where a guy can get a copy of the Turtles #4 2nd print? The cover they used for the first NES Turtles game? hm

Mile High Comics - use code word SUNSHINE at checkout for 30% off

or buy the same issue from Mile High via eBay...which would be approx. $4 more expensive

While poking around their site, I saw this: http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=enlarge&issue=85939496848%201%206TH%20PRINT

Is that really considered a #1 6th print as it's not listed as a 6th print here: http://www.miragelicensing.com/comics/books/tmnt01deluxe.html

Thanks!

Anyone know where a guy can get a copy of the Turtles #4 2nd print? The cover they used for the first NES Turtles game? hm

Cheap option for a VF copy, but it's a 7-day ebay auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-4-Eastman-Laird-May-1987-Second-Printing-VF-/111023016776

Many thanks. (thumbs u

Quick question...

Does Veitch do many cons? I noticed some of you recently scored CGC SS's from him. I'd love to get a CGC SS commission.

I checked out his blog, but didn't see any con info.

The Cincinnati Comic Expo in 2012 was the first show he's done in many, many years. He enjoyed himself at the show, but it's up in the air as to whether he'll do more.

I have a small handfull of #2 second prints, and #3, #4, Raphael first prints that I plan to submit to CGC....

Will probably have to have it pressed as it has a very tiny upper right corner non color breaking bend.

135400.jpg.67a9e3d9f783778544ee5673c66243b8.jpg