• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

I did see that, though I'd never seen it before. Now to track one down. Thanks again for your ongoing help, Danny!

What are your criteria for picking out books? Price? Condition? If you're interested, I may be able to help you out. (thumbs u

Qualified 9.8...wonder the value on such a book is. Has there been any 9.8s Q 1st prints that have sold? That lot originally sold on Heritage about 6 months ago for about $2300 so it seems he'll be getting his money worth.

Qualified 9.8...wonder the value on such a book is. Has there been any 9.8s Q 1st prints that have sold? That lot originally sold on Heritage about 6 months ago for about $2300 so it seems he'll be getting his money worth.

I don't see a 9.8Q on the census but it was only shipped today, according to the auction verbiage, so maybe it hasn't shown up yet.

In honor of the holidays, I figured I'd post some TMNT Christmas covers. Merry Christmas, everyone!

Michaelangelo1.jpg

MicahaelangeloChristmasSpecial.jpg

TMNT05CoverRI.jpg

In honor of the holidays, I figured I'd post some TMNT Christmas covers. Merry Christmas, everyone!

...and Merry Christmas to you as well !!

The original Michaelangelo one-shot cover is one of my favorites. Interesting that CGC labeled the "Michaelangelo Christmas Special" edition as "TMNT Christmas Special." In my database I have that issue catalogued as the 2nd printing of the Michaelangelo one-shot (with a subtitle of "Michaelangelo Christmas Special"). I typically assign the title of comics to match what the legal indicia on the interior states as the title. It's been 20+ years since I catalogued it so maybe I mistakenly did so years ago. I don't have easy access to my issue at the moment so I can't check it but I'd always thought it was just the 2nd printing of the one-shot and not a completely different title (as CGC has done). Odd that they don't even mention Michaelangelo in the title but it's on the cover of the book. Plus, I think Lawson only did the cover and maybe had a small addition in that book but they attribute the whole thing to him. Very interesting.

Thanks for sharing those...they are some beautiful issues for sure.

Edited by rwhorn

...and Merry Christmas to you as well !!

The original Michaelangelo one-shot cover is one of my favorites. Interesting that CGC labeled the "Michaelangelo Christmas Special" edition as "TMNT Christmas Special." In my database I have that issue catalogued as the 2nd printing of the Michaelangelo one-shot (with a subtitle of "Michaelangelo Christmas Special"). I typically assign the title of comics to match what the legal indicia on the interior states as the title. It's been 20+ years since I catalogued it so maybe I mistakenly did so years ago. I don't have easy access to my issue at the moment so I can't check it but I'd always thought it was just the 2nd printing of the one-shot and not a completely different title (as CGC has done). Odd that they don't even mention Michaelangelo in the title but it's on the cover of the book. Plus, I think Lawson only did the cover and maybe had a small addition in that book but they attribute the whole thing to him. Very interesting.

Thanks for sharing those...they are some beautiful issues for sure.

This exact issue was the first copy submitted to CGC. I think the title on the label is a bit weird, but I sent Gemma a note and the book is now listed in the registry as the 2nd print of the Mikey 1-shot as it should be. Jim Lawson had a backup story in this book, but the main story is still Eastman/Laird. And yes, Lawson did the cover.

I submitted the first copies to be graded of many of the issues from the original run and I started including some notes to make sure the labels had the proper info. Here are a few others they don't quite have right in the CGC database:

"Erik Laird" art:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles072ndPrintSS96.jpg

No mention of the brand new cover art by Michael Dooney:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles042ndPrintSS.jpg

Very cool. Thanks for posting those. I know CGC has to deal with a mountain of data and so many of the small details can get confusing or mixed up. Although you'd think they would be able to get "Peter Laird" right. doh!

Late last year I thought about submitting my entire Vol. I for CGC grading. However, it would be cost prohibitive for me right now with all the IDW stuff I need to keep on top of. I easily spend 5x (if not 10x) more per month buying the IDW editions than I ever used to with the Mirage stuff.

Thanks again for posting those...I love seeing what others have in their collections. Merry Christmas to you!

Sort of a Kickstarter type thing for a Lawson TMNT gn.

http://www.indiegogo.com/tmntodyssey?c=home

The perks are actually good. $35 for the 90+ page book. OA at $175 (I think. I'm on the iPad and tabs are a pain so I'm not double checking) and deals on 2 and 3 pages.

Any updates on this?

Still in the making. Check out the Comments tab on that link.

Andrew said 18 hours ago

Updates: Jim Lawson has knocked out a bunch of pages, and will continue to do so. Rick McCollum is handing in the cover this week as well. Know that everything that can be done to usher this along is being done.

:banana:

My Dragon Con Eastman SS books are shipping out today...if I'm lucky, they'll be in by the end of the week. :wishluck: Just got the grades today. Far more good than bad. I think high point of the submission is that I'll finally have the Return to New York run in 9.8 SS. That issue #21 was rough to find. The census shows only 1 other graded book...a 9.0 (also mine).

I'll be sure to post pics when they arrive. :)