• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,381 posts in this topic

Here are some newer books with a classic feel. These are some of the Jetpack variants from the new IDW series. Not only did they use classic art, but they even kept the color schemes the same as original run.

TMNT01JetpackVariantSS-1.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01-6thPrintSS.jpg

TMNT02JetpackVariantSS-1.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles02-1stPrintSS.jpg

TMNT03JetpackVariantSS-1.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles03DoubleCoverSS.jpg

TMNT04JetpackVariantSS-1.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles04-1stPrintSS.jpg

RaphaelOne-ShotJetpackVariantSS-1.jpgth_Raphael1SS.jpg

The #2 has 2 errors. Not only did Peter Laird mistakenly sign the book with a "2008", but CGC listed the variant incorrectly on the label. :blush: Doesn't make me love it any less, though. :)

Here are some newer books with a classic feel. These are some of the Jetpack variants from the new IDW series. Not only did they use classic art, but they even kept the color schemes the same as original run.

TMNT01JetpackVariantSS-1.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01-6thPrintSS.jpg

TMNT02JetpackVariantSS-1.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles02-1stPrintSS.jpg

TMNT03JetpackVariantSS-1.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles03DoubleCoverSS.jpg

TMNT04JetpackVariantSS-1.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles04-1stPrintSS.jpg

RaphaelOne-ShotJetpackVariantSS-1.jpgth_Raphael1SS.jpg

The #2 has 2 errors. Not only did Peter Laird mistakenly sign the book with a "2008", but CGC listed the variant incorrectly on the label. :blush: Doesn't make me love it any less, though. :)

Cool books! :headbang:

Step 1: Get all the rest of the issues in 9.8 SS

Step 2: Get at 9.8 SS 1st print. I can't think of a better way to finish off the set.

I'm still a ways off, but when my books get back from CGC, I'll be several books closer to finishing step 1. :)

Oooh yea, that sounds like a pretty sweet plan. Seems like just yesterday there was only a 1 -11 set...my how the time has flown!

And thanks everybody for the comments. I'm still pretty floored by the Shredder piece and can't wait to get it framed. A couple other things I need to get framed as well. Namely these two Season 2 Vhs Covers from the original toon :

3ee48188-ca13-4102-966b-101b432bd063_zps4fa5d8b4.jpg

Edited by TMNT

Great stuff, Danny! The one on the left brings back fond memories. I think I saw Case of the Killer Pizzas about 90 times as a kid. Very, very cool!

I know theres a place for wanting to buy stuff, but everyone I'm talking to is in this thread, soooo...

Just looking for a high grade (raw or graded) copy of #32 second printing. Like 9.4+?

Lemme know!

Ugh! One of the last issues from volume 1 that's really giving me fits. I thought I had a really solid copy that looked like a 9.6 or better on the front...flip it over and there's a big honkin' crease on one of the corners that breaks color for about 1.5 inches. Instant 8.0. :mad:

I'm still on the lookout. If I find a stash of sweet copies, I'll be sure to send one your way. Just return the favor if you ever find a #5 2nd print. :wishluck:

A few more slabs just came back. These ones are from volume 1 of Tales of the TMNT. I decided a few years back to collect this series too because it's only 7 issues long and it features quite a few 1st appearances.

First up is issue #3. Though not a major character, the King of Thieves does make appearances in 2 later issues of volume 2 of this series.

TalesoftheTMNT3SS.jpg

Issue #4 features the first appearance of the Rat King, a character who has made his way into most incarnations of the TMNT.

TalesoftheTMNT4SS.jpg

Issue #5 is the first appearance of Complete Carnage and Radical. These two characters ultimately play a big role in the lives of the turtles...namely Leonardo. I won't spoil it for anyone who doesn't know the story.

TalesoftheTMNT5SS.jpg

Finally, issue #6 features the first appearance of one of my favorites, Leatherhead. He's also made it into most incarnations of the TMNT franchise.

TalesoftheTMNT6SS.jpg

I should have a #1 on the way back from CGC (in a few months). I'm still on the lookout for #2 and #7. If anyone knows where I can get 9.8 copies/contenders, feel free to send me a PM. :)

Newest addition to the collection. I don't often come across vintage appearances I don't own. So when I do, they must be mine!

savagedragonashcan.jpg

Crossover: Savage Dragon / TMNT #1 Ash Can edition. Sadly, Mirage wasn't able to give me any numbers in regard to how many were printed, nor how they were distributed :-/

But still... :cloud9:

Edited by Archon_Turtle

As far as distribution, I bet it was given away at cons in '93. It looks awfully similar to the Space Usagi one I had, which was a promotional giveaway at the Mirage booth at a '93 con I attended. I don't know the numbers, but Stan Sakai had this to say about this book recently on the UY Dojo: "They were originally giveaways, and printed the entire issue in black and white (the comic was in color)."

I don't recall seeing the Dragon book at that con, but that was 20 years ago, so (shrug)

30jhdaw.jpg

Edited by spracknetch23

Does anyone have any experience with ordering directly from Mirage? I bought a couple books from them last week and I'm curious as to what kind of condition books are in and how fast or slow the shipping is.

last year I purchased 3 books and it took about a month and they were loose in an envelope so they were all bent. I've heard that if you buy a bunch though that they ship in a box.