• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

Been a Turtles fan for a long time. Loved what Eastman and Laird put out back in the 80's I started reading the book when issue 3 hit the stands. Grabbed a #1 (2nd print) and a #2 and took the city bus home to start my turtle adventure. Never looked back and to this day I like to reread the 1st series on an annual basis.

Wanted to share a pic for my statues that I love. (Sorry they're not comics but thought it would be ok to share.)

photo_zps91e19558.jpg

Been a Turtles fan for a long time. Loved what Eastman and Laird put out back in the 80's I started reading the book when issue 3 hit the stands. Grabbed a #1 (2nd print) and a #2 and took the city bus home to start my turtle adventure. Never looked back and to this day I like to reread the 1st series on an annual basis.

Wanted to share a pic for my statues that I love. (Sorry they're not comics but thought it would be ok to share.)

photo_zps91e19558.jpg

It's always ok to share TMNT stuff here. Lots of nice people here in this thread who appreciate turtles stuff! Very cool statue! (thumbs u

photo_zps91e19558.jpg

Nice!

Where did you get this?

I think most of the turtles fans that contribute this thread collect other TMNT items besides comics.

Those statues are sweet!!! I have the set of the Sideshow ones myself...but I have always loved these ones.

As for styles of turtles....sure, no one can compare to Eastman/Laird. My next personal favorites are Lawson/Talbot/Dooney/A.C. Farley. They each have their own style that is very cool. As for the "new" generation of turtle artists....I LOVE Ross Campbells's stuff...very unique and very emotional renderings....the others are just OK IMO

Thanks everybody!

To answer the question of where I got these....

In 2002 I was at SDCC and Playmates was there with the prototype of Leo. It's was the coolest thing so I decided to preorder it. Afterwards I found Mikey discounted online...believe it was Target.com. When Raph came out I preorderd from Entertainment Earth. Had to get Don from ninjaturtles.com as he really never made it out for sale at the normal retailers.

The Leo and Mikey's are fairly common but the Raph and Don are pretty rare from what I hear. Those two normally don't come up for sale often. Price point on each was $125, not bad at all for the quality of them.

I'm happy they have been sitting on my desk for quite some time!

Thanks everybody!

To answer the question of where I got these....

In 2002 I was at SDCC and Playmates was there with the prototype of Leo. It's was the coolest thing so I decided to preorder it. Afterwards I found Mikey discounted online...believe it was Target.com. When Raph came out I preorderd from Entertainment Earth. Had to get Don from ninjaturtles.com as he really never made it out for sale at the normal retailers.

The Leo and Mikey's are fairly common but the Raph and Don are pretty rare from what I hear. Those two normally don't come up for sale often. Price point on each was $125, not bad at all for the quality of them.

I'm happy they have been sitting on my desk for quite some time!

:applause:

I think each base came with each Ninja Turtle, and you put them together as a puzzle in that order. I love these particular statues of them. The good old look that started it all. I just love them.

So, last night, my girlfriend told me they were filming, and she had to sign a waiver because she walked through the set.

There was an evil Turtles villain in the street, and she just walked by, nonchalantly.

Dunno if she was supposed to act scared or something, hope she makes it to the movie

:wishluck:

:wishluck:

So here's a piece I'm especially excited about. I while back I posted my Mirage Jam Piece featuring Mirage artists recreating the original cover in their own unique styles. It was then inked by another Mirage artist. Now, it's been colored by yet another Mirage artist.

So now I've got Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, Michael Dooney, Jim Lawson, Dan Berger, and Steve Lavigne all on one board recreating the cover to issue #1 of TMNT. It doesn't get more Mirage-y than that. :cloud9: I can't tell you how long I've been staring at this thing.

TMNT Jam Piece

:applause:

I saw Steve a few weeks ago and asked about the progress on this piece ( :gossip: I was hoping to get a sneak peek at it) but he had just finished it and didn't have it with him at the shop. It came out great!