• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

I won't be setting up this year at the show as I'm only just setting up in business as "The Comic Box" but I can bring some stuff if anyone wants anything that I'm selling. Already bringing my slabbed Iron Man # 1 along as a US boardie has agreed to buy it and I've got about 15,000 more comics to sell. hm

Got any super high grade Marvel westerns or horror titles?

I doubt I will be buying anything at the con, I’ll just be picking up stuff I bought months ago, nothing substantial, just a Bat #181 9.4 and a Bat #232 9.8… :whistle:

I’ve got an ASM something or other to get off F_T to be signed by Stan and then CGC’d so will be a while before I get my hands on that little piece of history.

I’m bringing some books for Dai so if anyone else is interest in anything from my 5,000 collection let me know and I’ll send lists out?

Still toying with the idea of having a Swamp Thing signed by Wrightson but its too low grade to really be worth slabbing but then whats the point of an unverified sig.

Bat #181 9.4... :o (thumbs u

Bat #232 9.8:o(worship)

I’m bringing some books for Dai :applause:

Still toying with the idea of having a Swamp Thing signed by Wrightson but its too low grade to really be worth slabbing but then whats the point of an unverified sig.

That's the main reason why I haven't been bothered with getting anything signed in the past (shrug)

Edited by PulpCultureComics

I doubt I will be buying anything at the con, I’ll just be picking up stuff I bought months ago, nothing substantial, just a Bat #181 9.4 and a Bat #232 9.8… :whistle:

I’ve got an ASM something or other to get off F_T to be signed by Stan and then CGC’d so will be a while before I get my hands on that little piece of history.

I’m bringing some books for Dai so if anyone else is interest in anything from my 5,000 collection let me know and I’ll send lists out?

I actually think for a sig series, the grade is less important than the sig. In other words, where you wouldn't normally get a non key bronze age book in say 6.0 slabbed, if the writer or artist is signing it and it's getting a yellow label, then that makes it worthwhile.

Also, if you've got an eye on profit, getting a CGC yellow label with an in demand sig can add value to an otherwise (more or less) worthless book. 2c

I actually think for a sig series, the grade is less important than the sig. In other words, where you wouldn't normally get a non key bronze age book in say 6.0 slabbed, if the writer or artist is signing it and it's getting a yellow label, then that makes it worthwhile.

Also, if you've got an eye on profit, getting a CGC yellow label with an in demand sig can add value to an otherwise (more or less) worthless book. 2c

hm you raise an interesting point

Without sounding like a stuck record, got any super HG Marvel stuff?

Can you narrow down what you are looking for???

I've got boxes and boxes of Marvel guff ( :gossip: Arsenalherd, if you are looking for more low price stock, let me know on the Saturday evening, I'm always looking to make space...)

Imagine how sweet a Slabbed 9.8 Maximum Security 1 would look with a Stan sig???

Then again, he may just laugh in your face...

Only thing I have is a Spectacular Spider-Man #1 which I think is a 9.2 but it has a tea stain on the back cover which according to over-street brings that down to a 6.5?

Can you narrow down what you are looking for???

I've got boxes and boxes of Marvel guff ( :gossip: Arsenalherd, if you are looking for more low price stock, let me know on the Saturday evening, I'm always looking to make space...)

Imagine how sweet a Slabbed 9.8 Maximum Security 1 would look with a Stan sig???

Then again, he may just laugh in your face...

cool, may see you during day anyway, i will be easy to spot with my Phillies hat on, Bane sending you a PM as i maybe interested in Boys and Batman/Superman

right im alittle drunk, had day off and went to Geek Expo, its a retro video game show in Margate, i won a Micro Machines tournament, and lost in the semi final of FIFA "through the years" tournament, when it got to the newer ones i was awful.

also completed TMNT "turtles in time" game

right im alittle drunk, had day off and went to Geek Expo, its a retro video game show in Margate, i won a Micro Machines tournament, and lost in the semi final of FIFA "through the years" tournament, when it got to the newer ones i was awful.

I read that you went to a Greek Expo :facepalm:

Damn this scrumpy is powerful stuff (thumbs u

haha, you thought i went smashing plates?

Yeah pretty much...and drinking ouzo :sick:

I won't be setting up this year at the show as I'm only just setting up in business as "The Comic Box" but I can bring some stuff if anyone wants anything that I'm selling. Already bringing my slabbed Iron Man # 1 along as a US boardie has agreed to buy it and I've got about 15,000 more comics to sell. hm

Got any super high grade Marvel westerns or horror titles?

Haven't got much in the way of high grade westerns or horror but got quite high grade Marvel. Feel free to have a look through my registry sets to see if there's anything of interest.

Ah ...... ouzo. Brings back memories. :cloud9:

Or half memories at least. :tonofbricks:

Ah ...... ouzo. Brings back memories. :cloud9:

Or half memories at least. :tonofbricks:

Had the worst hangover ever from drinking ouzo as a teenager so I now give it a wide, wide berth! :tonofbricks: