• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

One stall had a nice AF15 cgc4.5 but it was £4200 which I didn't have on me so I passed on it

i wonder if that person was they same ones opposite Nick last week, they had the same thing

I think it was Scott's Collectables

OT - Darren, those Bat books are on their way however I forgot to include the scan disk, it'll follow 1st class

Back On Topic.

I stopped going to the Golden Orbit marts several years ago. They are great if you are after low grade readers (I managed to pull the entire run of Animal Man for about £30 once).

After my slight overspend at LSCC, I'll be giving Kapow (And the rest) a miss in 2012. I'm already saving for LSCC 2013 :whee:

Should be going to the Hudderfield Giants V Wigan Warriors game the night before so might pop along to the Golden Orbit Mart in Sheffield on 19th of May for a browse hm

:applause: Should be a good game that, I will be watching on SKY, if they put it on.

One stall had a nice AF15 cgc4.5 but it was £4200 which I didn't have on me so I passed on it

i wonder if that person was they same ones opposite Nick last week, they had the same thing

OT - Darren, those Bat books are on their way however I forgot to include the scan disk, it'll follow 1st class

Back On Topic.

I stopped going to the Golden Orbit marts several years ago. They are great if you are after low grade readers (I managed to pull the entire run of Animal Man for about £30 once).

After my slight overspend at LSCC, I'll be giving Kapow (And the rest) a miss in 2012. I'm already saving for LSCC 2013 :whee:

Should be going to the Hudderfield Giants V Wigan Warriors game the night before so might pop along to the Golden Orbit Mart in Sheffield on 19th of May for a browse hm

:applause: Should be a good game that, I will be watching on SKY, if they put it on.

Yes, both teams currently going well in the league so fingers crossed they can keep it going until May. :wishluck:

I'm a Wigan fan but I must admit to being impressed with Warrington...they are a pretty good team to watch and if they can get their heads right could challenge the big three of Wigan, Leeds & St Helens!

Back On Topic.

Yes, both teams currently going well in the league so fingers crossed they can keep it going until May. :wishluck:

I'm a Wigan fan but I must admit to being impressed with Warrington...they are a pretty good team to watch and if they can get their heads right could challenge the big three of Wigan, Leeds & St Helens!

Agreed, and Huddersfield can beat anyone on the day.

well Kapow day has got better for me, on the Saturday we go some tickets for Jay Z and Kanye at the 02 arena aswell, gonna be a nice day for the other half as she hasnt really had a break since our little girl was born last year

Back On Topic.

Agreed, and Huddersfield can beat anyone on the day.

Yeah, they can be a handful alright!

Watched Killing Joke at the Roundhouse last night, f**king awesome!

Loudest gig I've been to in years, you could actually feel the music it was that loud.

Saw Simple Minds at the Roundhouse last Friday, doing songs from their first five albums. Awesome! Also saw The Damned and Nouvelle Vague there not too long ago. Great venue, easy to get to the front and easy to get a drink from the bar, perfect.

At over two quid a pop without collection costs, there's not going to be much profit in them. The chances of many of them being better than beaters when they haven't even been bagged are slim. How many VG copies of Power Man & Iron Fist, etc are you likely to end up with? :insane:

Yep, plus, who puts a collection of this size up and doesn't show a pic of even a small representative sample of the books?

The realistic price per book for these is what, 10p to 25p max? :screwy:

The realistic price per book for these is what, 10p to 25p max? :screwy:

Yeah, that's what I'd say. (thumbs u