• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Ah, well I know Wickstead Park. Went there as a kid as not far from my uncle and aunties house. I hope it goes well for you guys, guest list is ok so you never know could be good :wishluck:

:foryou:

How did the day turn out?

Ah, well I know Wickstead Park. Went there as a kid as not far from my uncle and aunties house. I hope it goes well for you guys, guest list is ok so you never know could be good :wishluck:

Actually better than expected. We hit our target for the day almost to the pound :banana: the place wasn't rammed so we could spend time chatting to customers which was good. Nobody spending big money on high grade silver, but we expected that. We did a roaring trade in moderns, variants, hardcovers, tpbs and toys.

We will be back tomorrow having restocked from the shop. Bring it on.

Actually better than expected. We hit our target for the day almost to the pound :banana: the place wasn't rammed so we could spend time chatting to customers which was good. Nobody spending big money on high grade silver, but we expected that. We did a roaring trade in moderns, variants, hardcovers, tpbs and toys.

Good stuff sounds like it went well (thumbs u

How did the Manchester comic mart go?

didn't manage to wake up in time, hope people got some bargains

Save up for the main event in February, down in London. :)

Good stuff sounds like it went well (thumbs u

+1

Good for you :applause:

Just got back from day two of N.I.C.E, the weather was shocking and given that the dealer area was in a tent (well marquee really) it wasn't ideal conditions. We did ok overall. I think we were one of three proper comic dealers, the remainder being artists, an OA dealer and the usual assortment of goth type stuff, toys etc.

Probably not one for boardies as not much in the way of high grade back issues. Ok for getting sketches and sigs from the likes of Adlard, Davis et al.

It was a nice enough small show with a pleasant atmosphere and lots of families and people who are just getting into the hobby which is encouraging.

Serious back issue buyers should save your money for LSCC.

Oh, Almost forgot, I did manage to snag a CGC 9.6 ASM v2 #36 (9/11 issue) for 30 quid from another dealer :banana:

Just got back from day two of N.I.C.E, the weather was shocking and given that the dealer area was in a tent (well marquee really) it wasn't ideal conditions. We did ok overall. I think we were one of three proper comic dealers, the remainder being artists, an OA dealer and the usual assortment of goth type stuff, toys etc.

Probably not one for boardies as not much in the way of high grade back issues. Ok for getting sketches and sigs from the likes of Adlard, Davis et al.

It was a nice enough small show with a pleasant atmosphere and lots of families and people who are just getting into the hobby which is encouraging.

Serious back issue buyers should save your money for LSCC.

Oh, Almost forgot, I did manage to snag a CGC 9.6 ASM v2 #36 (9/11 issue) for 30 quid from another dealer :banana:

:applause:

For Whizzer: X-Men #133

1st piece done using the new Bristol smooth paper. I think it works great against the blacks as the paper is super white, just makes it "pop" more. Better in hand then the photo.

Still a few things I'm not happy about, I really need to work on my shading to get it "exact" and some of the faces of the goons are looking "happy" instead of "mean" lol But I'm happy with the way Wolverine turned out.

XMen133.jpg

For Whizzer: X-Men #133

1st piece done using the new Bristol smooth paper. I think it works great against the blacks as the paper is super white, just makes it "pop" more. Better in hand then the photo.

Still a few things I'm not happy about, I really need to work on my shading to get it "exact" and some of the faces of the goons are looking "happy" instead of "mean" lol But I'm happy with the way Wolverine turned out.

XMen133.jpg

(worship)

Wow! Can I claim the next unclaimed one please, PLEASE!!!

seriously nice work