• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Did anybody go to the Royal National last week? I probably go about 3 or 4 times a year and it has become really disappointing. Once upon a time you could not move for bodies and 1 year they had to open up an extra room which is usually reserved for the guests staying at the hotel, how times have changed.

Some of the big dealers seem to have deserted this venue as well which brings me on to a dealer i have not seen in ages. Does anyone know what happened to Ken harman? Does he still deal and does anyone have any contact info for him.

I still attend the National shows, but (as you mentioned) quite a few dealers have stopped doing this show (which is the only regular London show left). There are also almost as many DVD and merchandise sellers as there are back issue guys. I'm not seeing an awful lot of new stock these days either, but most attendees are there to buy bulk.

Harman disappeared off to the far east four or five years ago, and hasn't been heard of since.

This post is dedicated to saying thank you to my friend Andrew F. for a great wonderful surprise that really pulled me from the doldrums.

Now,im addicted to Frys Turkish Delight.

Much nicer flavor than the Big Turk bars here.

Almost a slight rose flavour.

Thanks mate.Never forget it.

This post is dedicated to saying thank you to my friend Andrew F. for a great wonderful surprise that really pulled me from the doldrums.

Now,im addicted to Frys Turkish Delight.

Much nicer flavor than the Big Turk bars here.

Almost a slight rose flavour.

Thanks mate.Never forget it.

Cheers mate :hi:

I've always found LSCC to be much better for picking up back issues. The last time I went to MCM, I think I found three stalls selling comics. It was mostly merchandise. However that was about two years ago.

I went and heard people complaining it was just a trade show. I found 5 stalls selling a good amount of comics, only two of which had a large wall of books. Others just had a maybe 10-12 long boxes max, and others less. The place was ok space wise until 11 when they let general entry in. I only really went for comic village, but there were some good vintage and figures stalls.

Anyone going to Brighton Film and Comic Con on the 7-8th November?

Edited by Pip1988

If you're a comics purist, I can't think of any other convention-sized show in the UK that even comes close to LSCC.

I wasn't aware of the Brighton show. I'll check out the site...

It's the winter LFCC moved to Brighton due to issues with the London venue. I went to the last winter LFCC and it was a tad boring... some good comic stalls though.

I went and heard people complaining it was just a trade show. I found 5 stalls selling a good amount of comics, only two of which had a large wall of books. Others just had a maybe 10-12 long boxes max, and others less. The place was ok space wise until 11 when they let general entry in. I only really went for comic village, but there were some good vintage and figures stalls.

Anyone going to Brighton Film and Comic Con on the 7-8th November?

I am now! Just booked a family ticket. Should be a novel experience for the kids.