• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Thought I'd ask my fellow UK boardies. :)

Do any of you guys have insurance that includes shipping to/from CGC and if so what company? Collect and Protect (brokered through IGW) offer posting within UK via Royal Mail but USA not mentioned (will call to see if they can do USA) but thought I'd check here.

Hi Comic_Con! WTTB!

I personally don't use insurance however I only send in moderns and up to a maximum of 10, therefore it wouldn't be cost-effective. I find the Fed-Ex return service to be quite reliable (you'd hope so as it isn't cheap) but it only covers up to $100. Using Royal Mail shipping to US, you can opt for between £50-100 insurance.

If you're sending in comics of real worth, definitely seek extra insurance would be my advice! I could ask someone who might know if you like?

If you could check your contact that would be appreciated.

Making the annual pilgrimage to SDCC :banana: so looking to submit myself. I usually just buy comics already slabbed as it's usually cheaper than sending myself. I have enough raws this year to make it worthwhile.

Thought I'd ask my fellow UK boardies. :)

Do any of you guys have insurance that includes shipping to/from CGC and if so what company? Collect and Protect (brokered through IGW) offer posting within UK via Royal Mail but USA not mentioned (will call to see if they can do USA) but thought I'd check here.

Fedex have always been reliable when shipping books to CGC.

I was also wondering about how to insure cgc shipments from the UK. Don't cgc use fedex to ship back, however they only insure up to $100. What if your books are worth $1000? There is a lot of info on the cgc site about submitting books, but almost nothing about return insurance options. Seems to be a bit of a grey area.

Hi MRC, yes CGC use Fed Ex which only insures up to $100 on the return shipping to UK. If your books are worth much more than that, it would be wise to seek extra insurance. A quick Google search for "comic insurance uk" will bring up a few options however I couldn't tell you if this covers international shipping of your collection. I'd suggest giving a few companies a quick call.

Hi MRC, yes CGC use Fed Ex which only insures up to $100 on the return shipping to UK. If your books are worth much more than that, it would be wise to seek extra insurance. A quick Google search for "comic insurance uk" will bring up a few options however I couldn't tell you if this covers international shipping of your collection. I'd suggest giving a few companies a quick call.

thanks (thumbs u