• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phoenix Con review 1st one.

151 posts in this topic

What gets me is that none of you guys seem to realize that your butt signing "Witchblade" artist is Eric Basaldua... otherwise known as EBAS.

He draws some of the hottest girl covers out there and you guys got him to do Superman! lol:baiting:

Here's a sample of what he normally draws.

jay_vamp.jpg

Eric is one of the guys that Stronguy and I flew in to the Dallas Comic Con last year.

I'm surprised he didn't sign more than a butt!

What gets me is that none of you guys seem to realize that your butt signing "Witchblade" artist is Eric Basaldua... otherwise known as EBAS.

He draws some of the hottest girl covers out there and you guys got him to do Superman! lol:baiting:

Here's a sample of what he normally draws.

jay_vamp.jpg

Eric is one of the guys that Stronguy and I flew in to the Dallas Comic Con last year.

I'd rather have a Superman sketch from him. He's a great guy, I also got to talk with him a bit at the SDCC last year.

I'd rather have a Superman sketch from him. He's a great guy, I also got to talk with him a bit at the SDCC last year.

Yeah, I hear you CG--I'm really not into the whole GGA/BGA, etc.

Yeah, I hear you CG--I'm really not into the whole GGA/BGA, etc.

The Fiction House/Timely stuff is great but the rest, too weird for me.

:o

Having looked through your gallery from the weekend, with all those artists there, I'm baffled as to how anyone can think that con is such a dismal failure?! The sketches you got are incredible! Van Scriver, Templesmith, Moore, Valentino and Parker would have been enough for me to call that one of the best cons EVER where I live!

Great stuff!

not been to very many cons, eh?

although there were a handful of good artists, the bottom line was NO COMICS to buy...that and the McFarlane line nazi...worst con i've ever been to, easily

sorry, for the negative mood....i was just reminded about how crappy of a con it was for me (:

Cujobyte, it was cool meeting you and glad you had a good time at the con. It looks like you picked up some nice books as well as sketches. While the Phoenix Con is a small show comic wise, there still was some good stuff there. I don't buy too many comics these days, and I was still able to find some things to purchase.

:o

Having looked through your gallery from the weekend, with all those artists there, I'm baffled as to how anyone can think that con is such a dismal failure?! The sketches you got are incredible! Van Scriver, Templesmith, Moore, Valentino and Parker would have been enough for me to call that one of the best cons EVER where I live!

Great stuff!

not been to very many cons, eh?

although there were a handful of good artists, the bottom line was NO COMICS to buy...that and the McFarlane line nazi...worst con i've ever been to, easily

sorry, for the negative mood....i was just reminded about how crappy of a con it was for me (:

I've been to a lot of cons -- sadly, it's the same crummy one every year. We just don't get talent like that out here. I'd much rather have a great lineup of creators than the usual overload of mediocre "dealers" with overpriced inventory we get here.

I understand your frustration, though. :sorry:

I forgot to mention I found time to get an Auto from Bret Spiner and Maria Sirtus sorry if I butchered her name. While they were both very nice people and I enjoyed talking to them Gil and Erin were tops in my book. Definitely the type of people you sit down with and feel at home.

Here are a couple of pics of Maria and Brent.

phxcon016.jpg

phxcon018.jpg

Gosh she still looks good to me! :cloud9:

Cujobyte, it was cool meeting you and glad you had a good time at the con. It looks like you picked up some nice books as well as sketches. While the Phoenix Con is a small show comic wise, there still was some good stuff there. I don't buy too many comics these days, and I was still able to find some things to purchase.

Hey Lord, it was great meeting you and the rest of the guys. And I seriously (worship) to your collection!!