• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unrestored Action 1 to be in next comicconnect auction

878 posts in this topic

I felt this was worthy of its own topic.... haven't seen a pic or description yet, but very excited about this news...

should be in the Feb/march auction...

I felt this was worthy of its own topic.... haven't seen a pic or description yet, but very excited about this news...

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I think we are about to see a suprise price, regardless of grade (in a good way, not a bad way). If an 8.0 AF15 is worth $80,000, then an unrestored Action 1 is worth......

like:

$125,000 2.0

$200,000 3.0

$375,000 4.0

$500,000 5.0

$700,000 6.0

( and I am being serious with these predictions ) .......... let's hear yours, and we can go back to these early posts, and see who was closest to actual auction results :cool:

I think we are about to see a suprise price, regardless of grade (in a good way, not a bad way). If an 8.0 AF15 is worth $80,000, then an unrestored Action 1 is worth......

like:

$125,000 2.0

$200,000 3.0

$375,000 4.0

$500,000 5.0

$700,000 6.0

( and I am being serious with these predictions ) .......... let's hear yours, and we can go back to these early posts, and see who was closest to actual auction results :cool:

I agree with all those extrapolations.

But - - its still uncharted territory, so you can extrapolate value, but not a final sale price. You need a buyer.

what grade will this Action 1 be?

like:

$125,000 2.0

$200,000 3.0

$375,000 4.0

$500,000 5.0

$700,000 6.0

I see the AF 15 numbers increasing exponentially quicker than the Action 1s as it iis the third ((though more common) major key.

The scale above is from my point of view too high.

What would you buy: 2 AF #15 9.4s or 1 Action #1 in 5.0?

I lean more towards Rick's pricing - start point for a 2.0 around $80- 90k (depending on looks).

So that puts it at what -- 500K - 600K? That's pretty rarefied air up there -- if it was in the 1.0 - 3.0 range, I think there would be some competitive competition that will not be there at 6.0. That's quite a coup for Ben and ComicConnect!