• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweet, sweet DC

58 posts in this topic

If you're referring to the first time the #9 was listed, a deal was made...and then one side backed out. Don't want to divulge anymore without permission...

IT'S CALLED INTEGRITY, PEOPLE. LOOK INTO IT!

grin.gif

As for my B&B 28, Metro would have been stupid NOT to have my book graded. So it's either the 9.0 or the 9.4 (guess which one I'm betting on). It had a light pencil date near the top, so if someone has a pic of either, we could clear this up in a jiffy!

**sigh**

On second thought, can we change the subject please.... sorry.gif

Rick

If you're referring to the first time the #9 was listed, a deal was made...and then one side backed out. Don't want to divulge anymore without permission...

IT'S CALLED INTEGRITY, PEOPLE. LOOK INTO IT!

grin.gif

As for my B&B 28, Metro would have been stupid NOT to have my book graded. So it's either the 9.0 or the 9.4 (guess which one I'm betting on). It had a light pencil date near the top, so if someone has a pic of either, we could clear this up in a jiffy!

**sigh**

On second thought, can we change the subject please.... sorry.gif

Rick

You could have rented! tongue.gif

JLA - -your BB28 definitely wasnt the 9.0 that sold on ebay last summer.

But cant you ask Metro what grade your copy got? it might not have been the 9.4 either, so you wont have to cry in your pillow every night about letting it go. (I fel your pain tho!)

Well, I'm hoping that it isn't the 9.4, but I sure don't wanna find out! Cuz if it is, I'd just roll up in the ol' fetal position. But I gotta think the possibility is high since the majority of my other early ish's have graded out in the 9.0-9.6 level by CGC. (Whoops, didn't mean to pat myself on the back with my "eagle eye;" that's your job, fellow forumites).

By the way, regarding the original subject of this thread...

THERE'S A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN, BOYS! acclaim.gif

Rick

So what would a JLA #14 CGC 9.4 go for these days?

Depending on page quality $800-1200 range is my guess

Timely

I believe the issue I purchased a little over a year ago, which I think was the highest graded copy at the time but is now tied for second, fell exactly in the middle of Timely's well-educated guess. thumbsup2.gif

Isn't that book angled and off-cut? It hurts my eyes... confused.gif

The book I have on good authority is perfectly centered. The angle problem that you were sharp to pick up on was the result of how the image was scanned. grin.gif

Good point, I'm amazed by how often posters on these boards issue a grade based on a scan. No one can accurately grade a comic without taking it out of a protective sleeve, let alone through a slab or from a scanned picture. And as you point out, scans can be distorted making them inaccurate for assessing even things like structural imperfections.

Not that there would've been anything wrong with the JLA 9 if there HAD been a miscut, mind you.