• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WAY OT: David vs. Goliath !! Superbowl 43

80 posts in this topic

Thats right people.......Pittsburg is of course Goliath......and the puny little Cardinals are David. Well, we know what happened in that story !!! Come on.......lets have some love for Kurt Warner and the Cardinals !!!

Kurt Warner will meet the Baby Jesus of whom he is so fond on Superbowl Sunday. Face to face... In person...

No need to dig the grave. Harrison, Woodley, Farrior, Foote, Smith, And Polamalu will do that for you by pounding Warner repeatedly into the turf :makepoint:

The real funny thing about the Cards,is everyone has said they couldnt do it each and every game.They beat some pretty stout teams to get where they are,and yet people still give them no credit.I think everyone will be surprised to see that the Cardinals came to play and beat that badly beaten up defense,think is Hines Ward playing,questionable!Rothlesburgers hand still in pain,yes!Palumalu still have that calf injury?All going to play hurt,most likely yes.I think the title of this thread is perfect David vs. Goliath

I also think David is going to beat Goliath again!

As a loooooong time Pats fan I remember 1985 (I think it was 85) when the pats beat some pretty good teams at that time to play Chicago. It was a Blowout.

My prediction is The cards will win in a close game, but if the Steelers win, they will do it in a superblowout.

I personally prefer Arizona, I like the little guy, and Steeler fans are just obnoxious

I think it all depends on how solid Boldin is - if his groin cracks or he's a non-factor due to limited speed, the Cards are probably done, but if not, then that gives Warner three 1,000 yard receivers to throw to, making it impossible for the Steelers to double-team.

The key to the Cards all season long was their early clinch of the Division, which gave them an opportunity to coast, lose some totally inconsequential games at the end, and not care just as long as no one got injured.

Are you a Cardinals fan? You speak very knowledgeably about them, especially somebody from Toronto. Wonder why you'd be a Cards fan. No big deal, just wondering.

PIttsburgh 28-17.

Are you a Cardinals fan? You speak very knowledgeably about them, especially somebody from Toronto. Wonder why you'd be a Cards fan.

I'm actually a Kurt Warner fan, and since he joined the Cards, I've been following them constantly. I think he's just a great story, role model, citizen, whatever, and hope he pulls another one out of his hat on Sunday.

At least in this game, being the underdog, he won't have to worry about the refs putting away their pass-interference flags like when the "Goliath" Rams played the "David" NE Patriots. He should have the advantage in that respect, as the NFL likes to keep it close in the first half.