• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sad News for Mad Fans

10 posts in this topic

Sad News for Mad Fans

Mad Magazine mascot Alfred E. Neuman (along with the magazine itself) will be appearing less frequently starting in April.It’s a less Mad world. Starting with issue no. 500, to be released in April, the monthly satirical publication will become a quarterly, though it will expand to 56 pages from 48. The changes were announced by DC Comics, which publishes Mad Magazine and is owned by Warner Brother Entertainment. As befits the what-me-worry? attitude of the magazine, its editor, John Ficarra, had a sardonic spin on the news. “The feedback we’ve gotten from readers is that only every third issue of Mad is funny,” he said in a statement. “So we decided to just publish those.” On the bright side, anyone with a subscription to Mad will find that it now lasts longer. The fate of Mad Kids and Mad Classics is less kind. The final issues of those publications will be Feb. 17 and March 17, respectively.

By George Gene Gustines

The New York Times

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's a great mag, though as a kid I always preferred Cracked :cool: It was the Severin Art & all the Monster issues that got me. (shrug)

Me, too! I even liked the one with Obnoxio the Clown, what was that one called... Crazy??? I can't remember, I'm on a Lux Interior mourning bender! :insane:

It's a great mag, though as a kid I always preferred Cracked :cool: It was the Severin Art & all the Monster issues that got me. (shrug)

Me, too! I even liked the one with Obnoxio the Clown, what was that one called... Crazy??? I can't remember, I'm on a Lux Interior mourning bender! :insane:

I would buy Cracked and Crazy at times, but MAD was always the first purchase. Sadly, I stopped buying MAD when I started collection comics in '86. I shoulda oughta kept up that collection too.