• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California Comic Convention 22 February 2009 update#2

15 posts in this topic

We just listed some more of the items that will be in our raffle, it includes a nice sketch by Bernie Wrightson. We also listed a House of Secrets #92 CGC 6.0 and some of the great PC comic titles such as Berni Wrightson , the Master of the Macabre, Alien Worlds and the Twisted Tales of Bruce Jones. Check out our web-page CalcomicCon Raffle page:. All dealer tables are now sold and all our exhibitors will have Gold, Silver, Bronze and some newer comics, as well as Original Artwork. We are also considering renting more space so all the comic dealers on our waiting list can set-up. let us know if you want to exhibit so if we have enough additional dealers we rent more space. Terry@CalComicCon.com

mist40.jpg

Terry, it sounds like you have a great show planned. No one will have to worry about a gaggle of kids in anime costumes running around there like they do in Phoenix :D .

PS: Thanks again for hooking me up with those comics this weekend.

My kid might be running around in a superman costume.

Terry, it sounds like you have a great show planned. No one will have to worry about a gaggle of kids in anime costumes running around there like they do in Phoenix :D .

You going as Lois?

You going as Lois?

No, but she might be coming, too.

Just got a call from Terry and I picked up a table, so it sounds like this one is still growing as he has rented more space.

Good times.

What do you plan on bringing down?

Brian

Mostly random GA - a lot of books I picked up when deciding what to go after (Green Mask 1, a couple Jumbo and Jungles, Picture Stories Bible, Jackie Gleason, etc); a few books I am on the fence about (Capt. Marvel 8, Air Fighters v2 n7), a couple undercopies CDNP 22 and 40, Headline 28; and possibly a few oversize action figures I can unload without having to deal with shipping.

I really don't expect to sell much, but it had been so long since I sold at a convention, it seemed like a good idea. (Well that and needing to get rid of some of these books I don't want any more.)

Just got a call from Terry and I picked up a table, so it sounds like this one is still growing as he has rented more space.

Good times.

What do you plan on bringing down?

Brian

Mostly random GA - a lot of books I picked up when deciding what to go after (Green Mask 1, a couple Jumbo and Jungles, Picture Stories Bible, Jackie Gleason, etc); a few books I am on the fence about (Capt. Marvel 8, Air Fighters v2 n7), a couple undercopies CDNP 22 and 40, Headline 28; and possibly a few oversize action figures I can unload without having to deal with shipping.

I really don't expect to sell much, but it had been so long since I sold at a convention, it seemed like a good idea. (Well that and needing to get rid of some of these books I don't want any more.)

I'm bringing about 100 books, mostly junk :) 20% GA, 55% SA, 20% BA and 5% Modern. Good stuff, good prices, IMO.