• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another New Ebay "Improved Feature"?

31 posts in this topic

That's no joke. Maybe ebay.ca is different? The completed auction search function was changed to only 2 weeks previous a long time ago and the inability to see the winning bidder more recently. If you wait though, you can figure it out if they leave feedback - their handle is visible there.

This may explain it:

"We are currently rolling out a removal of completed auction searches. Some users will begin to see the Completed Auctions option grayed out. Once we have rolled this out to all users, we will remove the option completely. We have received complaints that completed auction searches are impacting bidding levels of current auctions, so we have decided to remove it. Users should determine their max bid based on what an item is worth to them, not what previous auctions have ended for."

Yeah, I was mad when I read that. How can they do that to us?

Yes, this is a joke.

Did you find this on Ebay somewhere? If this is true this is very bad. Why in the world would they eliminate this feature?? :screwy:

I took this to mean "Ebay" is a joke.

I get it now. (:

Oh...but to sell at Epay..... one must now have a PayPal account. And a second level minimum at that. All winners must pay with Pay Pal. No Option....Ebay fees...and even more Ebay...Epay..PayPal fees. The seller is the real looser anymore. rantrant:pullhair::mad::blahblah::cry::censored:

Good lord.

IT WAS A JOKE. THE EBAY "RESPONSE" WAS A JOKE.

I think people wanted to believe it, and to be fair, considering what meddlesome decisions have been made over the last year or so, such an idea wouldn't be far-fetched for them.

Give 'em a couple more months and they'll get round to it.

Are the CEO's of eBay trying to bankrupt it?

Maybe they're after bailout money. hm

eBay used to be the best thing ever. It's comical how terrible it is now. (:

It does look as if they are trying their damndest to alienate loyal buyers and sellers. I used to be gung-ho for that site....not any more.