• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Transformers Comic Book Original art arrived today

12 posts in this topic

Who was the artist?

Comic Book's Staff:

Jim Salicrup (Comic Writer)

Frank Springer (Comic Artist)

Ian Akin (Comic Inks)

Brian Garvey (Comic Inks)

John Workman (Comic Letters)

I remember FRANK SPRINGER in the 60's on nick fury comics,I think he did a short run after STERANKO left.I don't have the books near me right now to verify that.but I'm quite sure. I always thought he was an" underated" artist.Those pages are so nice. thumbsup2.gif

wow.... the memories... cloud9.gif

Transformers 5 is the first comic i ever bought. i remember buying it at a flea market in 1984 (?) so i must've been 7 yrs old. i remember opening it and thinking all the interior was stapled upside-down. later after reading it, i figured out all the autobots were being hung from the rafters in the decepticon layer - hence why the interior appeared to have been stapled in upside down.

issue 5 has that cool life-like cover with Shockwave on the front...

That's the first transformers I ever bought too. It's funny, as soon as you mentioned that issue, I also thought classic Shockwave cover! thumbsup2.gif I don't recall a better transformers cover although I only ever owned a dozen or two tf issues.

Those are some awesome pages. Congrats on obtaining them. thumbsup2.gif

The first comics I read were Tales from the Crypt that were given to me, but the first comics I ever bought was Transformers. I think I had the first 10 issues and read them till they fell apart.