• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you re-bag? Why?

45 posts in this topic

So I got some comics in the mail today. I opened the package, read one of the comics. Then, I re-bagged the comic in my own mylite2 with fullback. I did the same thing with the other two comics that were in the box.

My wife called me crazy for doing this. Why? Because all three came in mylite2's with full backs. Even the same size as my bags. I have no idea why those exact same mylars were not as good as mine, but something compelled me to replace them.

Anyone else compelled to do this?

Anything I receive in shipping I always re bag, I guess if anything because I know my supplies are brand new and "I know where they've been". Silly? Maybe but I guess thats just how I do things.

I keep the bags/boards they arrived in for shipping, etc if they are still in good condition.

Yup, almost always. I will reuse the board if it's a fullback though as I use halfbacks because I'm kinda cheap.

I'll keep the old stuff if it's in good shape and reuse it with a low value book.

The first thing I do is verify the grade/condition and check for any shipping damage. Then I rebag with MC paper in Mylite w/ a half or full back.

Force of habit for me. :grin:

I only rebag if it doesn't look good. Most of the purchases from here have not needed rebagging. All books from our LCS and Ebay need rebagging.

Ditto... I'll rebag if it's not a clean bag or isn't the type of bag I want on that type of comic.

If someone sends me a nice mylite2 with fullback, :takeit: .... one less I have to buy.

So I got some comics in the mail today. I opened the package, read one of the comics. Then, I re-bagged the comic in my own mylite2 with fullback. I did the same thing with the other two comics that were in the box.

My wife called me crazy for doing this. Why? Because all three came in mylite2's with full backs. Even the same size as my bags. I have no idea why those exact same mylars were not as good as mine, but something compelled me to replace them.

Anyone else compelled to do this?

Yes. I put a fresh mylite or mylite2 on every book I get and slide in a new full back. Mylars just get tossed into the growing pile of them

I only rebag if it doesn't look good. Most of the purchases from here have not needed rebagging. All books from our LCS and Ebay need rebagging.

Ditto... I'll rebag if it's not a clean bag or isn't the type of bag I want on that type of comic.

If someone sends me a nice mylite2 with fullback, :takeit: .... one less I have to buy.

Same here. :hi: