• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Missing pages!!!!!!!

14 posts in this topic

How many people have comic back with Qualified Slabs for missing pages? When this happens to you, what do you do? Do you crack open the slab, do you sell it, or do you cry yourself to sleep every night because you bought a worthless book?

I know I can't be the only one that has made this mistake. The good thing is my book has never been slabbed. I am out of the money that I spent though. If anyone else has fell victim to this can you please post pics of your slabs.

Turn lemons into lemonade and display the book:

100_4702.jpg

I bought that Rangers Comics off eBay, stuck it in the comic closet for three months, and then discovered it was missing the middle three centerfolds. (The Matt Baker story! :frustrated:) The book is now decoration in the Tiki bar.

How many people have comic back with Qualified Slabs for missing pages? When this happens to you, what do you do?

Never happened to me because I count the pages of any book that I sell or submit.

100_4702.jpg

I bought that Rangers Comics off eBay, stuck it in the comic closet for three months, and then discovered it was missing the middle three centerfolds. (The Matt Baker story! :frustrated:) The book is now decoration in the Tiki bar.

:golfclap:

I was purchasing about thirty books from a guy and had went through them and had worked out a deal with him for the stack of books. Then, as I was getting ready to leave, he asked me if I was interested in a couple of more books that he had "forgot" about and he went into the other room and came back with three books for me to look at. Kid Colt #1, All Great Comics #14 (actually #12 and listed in Gerber under "Dagar" as a Gerber 5, which is a joke), and Four Color #4 (yes, FC #4).

I had always wanted a Kid Colt #1 and it looked good. It was $270.00. I said I'll take this one for sure. Then I looked over the FC #4 and said the price was too high ($400.00), (what a big mistake that was), and the All Great Comics #14 was only 25 bucks so I said I'll take it also, without even looking through it.

Well, the AGC #14 came back with the last page missing and it does affect the story. The Kid Colt came back as the highest graded up to that point, but with extensive professional restoration. I have wondered about the FC #4 and what condition it might have been, given what these other two books from the "other room" were like.

I sold the Kid Colt on Ebay as restored. I still have the AGC #14 and don't mind having it too much, as it is extremetly rare. Gerber gives it a 5 but Overstreet states it is "scarce".

Shoulda bought that FC #4. What an insufficiently_thoughtful_person I was that day.

4130all-great-comics-front.jpgImage Hosting

How many people have comic back with Qualified Slabs for missing pages? When this happens to you, what do you do? Do you crack open the slab, do you sell it, or do you cry yourself to sleep every night because you bought a worthless book?

I stroked a 0.5 SS copy of Batman 181, signed by Carmine Infantino. I missed that the pinup centerfold was gone. My only consolation: There are two on the census and at least one other person is as big a dunce as I am!!!! :acclaim:

http://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Batman&publisher=D%2EC%2E+Comics&issue=181&year=1966&issuedate=6%2F66

100_4702.jpg

OOOHHH Tiki Bar...NIIIIIICCCEEE!!!!!!!! (worship)

I stroked a 0.5 SS copy of Batman 181, signed by Carmine Infantino. I missed that the pinup centerfold was gone. My only consolation: There are two on the census and at least one other person is as big a dunce as I am!!!! :acclaim:

http://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Batman&publisher=D%2EC%2E+Comics&issue=181&year=1966&issuedate=6%2F66

You're much bigger.

Impossible!