• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A lesson in patience....which I have none of.....jeesh

13 posts in this topic

So I bought a nice black covered edition of Jamboree Comics #1 CGC 8.0

13845661_1_L.jpg

....I just like the way the colorful characters popped off the black background. I then realized that there were only 3 books in the whole run so I set out to acquire the other two copies. Instead of being patient and waiting for the right book to come along I found raw copies of issue #2 and issue #3 in grades that matched or hopefully surpassed my copy of #1.

Both copies had BIN's that seemed fair considering the listed guide price (tsk) so I made my move and was very pleased I had completed the run in a few weeks :applause: This copy of #2 was listed as a VF/NM 9.0 and it cost me $150

15822921_1_L.jpg

(Both sellers did nothing wrong so don't mistake my thread to be an attack on the sellers as both were outstanding) :golfclap:

but.....

In the very next Heritage auction I saw some CGC graded copies and decided to throw a lowball bid on a CGC 9.2 Jamboree #2.....and won it for $65 :o So with the juice and shipping I am paying around $87....so half the price of a raw potentially 9.0 example :frustrated: I am excited about the book and I think I totally ripped it for the price but maybe I am the only one who gives a darn about this title :screwy:

Here it is :cloud9:

Jamboree2CGC.jpg

I am the only one to blame as I have never been patient with comic, coin, or card purchases etc....so hopefully others will learn from my mistake and realize that with a little patience.....comes big rewards doh!

Well any way at least I like the books but now it would seem stupid to send off the issue #2 for certification as I have one already in a higher grade so it will remain raw. (thumbs u

If others have had similar experience please share so that others may gain the knowledge....and also so I won't feel like a nimrod by myself lol

one thing to consider, is that there was a large stash of NM Jamboree's that were discovered not to long ago...so, I believe the supply exceeds demand at "higher" prices... patience on this run will pay off (thumbs u

one thing to consider, is that there was a large stash of NM Jamboree's that were discovered not to long ago...so, I believe the supply exceeds demand at "higher" prices... patience on this run will pay off (thumbs u

Now you tell me lol lol lol

maybe I should have asked someone before jumping in :tonofbricks:

Don't knock yourself out too much, there still nice books to look at. And asking about buying sounds good after the fact, but really, do you want to "ask" each and every time before you buy a book? Sounds kind of boring to me..........

Just enjoy your pretty golden age black cover books!

it is not all 3 issues, 1 of them is still "tough" I believe...but 2 of the 3 were found in pretty good quantities (100's of each, I seem to recall)

I've always thought #3 was the harder one to find. 1 and 2 seem to be everywhere.

it is not all 3 issues, 1 of them is still "tough" I believe...but 2 of the 3 were found in pretty good quantities (100's of each, I seem to recall)

I've always thought #3 was the harder one to find. 1 and 2 seem to be everywhere.

there we go...good info for all (thumbs u

I believe it's the #1 with the large stash found

I believe it's the #1 with the large stash found

someone in SD had a stack of 2 diff ones a few years ago...maybe one stash was larger than the other, but I saw at least 20 copies of 2 diff ones, just didn't note "which"...

Now you tell me lol lol lol

maybe I should have asked someone before jumping in :tonofbricks:

There is a list somewhere on here of warehouse find books. It's actually a really important thing to look into, as some common books still have huge guide values like Ghost Rider 1 (ME). Formerly scarce issues like Warrior Comics 1 (listed as a Gerber 8) can also be misleading. It's not particularly hard to find, but the high scarcity index number throws people off and can drive up prices.