• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OA find

21 posts in this topic

Guys,

I found (yes I found) the splash page to Western Gunfighters #4 yesterday and was wondering what it might be worth.

I can post a scan tonight but it is in (compared to comics) what would be FN/FN+ shape. No tears but some soiling and general wear.

hm

Joey -

There's 6 different stories in that issue, a few were reprints. Assuming it's one of the new stories, who drew it? The Barry Windsor Smith splash will probably fetch more than the Richard Ayers or Tom Sutton. :grin:

Guys,

I found (yes I found) the splash page to Western Gunfighters #4 yesterday

:o

Where exactly did you find it?

4 years ago I met a local comic dealer here in Orlando who had a warehouse full of books he wanted to move on ebay. I started selling for him then and over the last 4 years his inventory went from around 3,000 long boxes to around 300 now.

I was pulling books for Mega-Con last night and this large plactic bin that I have been moving around for the last 3 years fell. Underneath old folders and paper work were 4 pieces of OA. The other 2 are MTU pages from issues 120 and 121. The last piece if from a newer X-Men book.

There were a few smaller pieces done by Greg Adams as well.

Would that bent upper right side affect the value any? Can (or should) it be pressed? Hmmm...pressing in OA? That could be an interesting topic.

I guess if it gets framed you wouldn't notice it was bent.

Would that bent upper right side affect the value any? Can (or should) it be pressed? Hmmm...pressing in OA? That could be an interesting topic.

Just dont wet press it!

Definitely press it ... It's also pretty common for a frame shop to press items before framing - makes the framing process a whole lot easier.