• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to CGC it?!... Help

44 posts in this topic

Another UK member! Welcome to the boards :applause:

I went through the same thing when I first thought about submitting books to CGC. I posted for help on here and figured it out. See threads here and here.

Getting that first submission together is a little daunting as someone else said, but getting that first big parcel of slabs back is great!

Another UK member! Welcome to the boards :applause:

I went through the same thing when I first thought about submitting books to CGC. I posted for help on here and figured it out. See threads here and here.

Getting that first submission together is a little daunting as someone else said, but getting that first big parcel of slabs back is great!

As long as you get the grades you expected/wanted!

If you're submitting from the UK drop me a PM and I'll give you some help if you need it (thumbs u

My first submission went really smoothly with a bit of help from Wolf Comics and Eric Downton, both of whose help was invaluable (worship)

lol@agoodadventure.

What part of the UK are you from Boozad and He11blazer?

I'm really interested in getting all my Secret Wars CGC'd but would it really be worth it? with the amount of money for postage, etc? I have a few things i'd like to get done but off the top of my head, those would be some i'd like.

I'd be well annoyed if they were graded though and I thought they were better than they were, cuz i'm sure that probably happens a lot to you guys? lol

I'll email you shortly mate. I'm from Wolverhampton myself.

If you want to get your books slabbed for profit then think long and hard over your submissions, if you just want them to look at and aren't bothered about grade then sub away.

My first submission was OK, only one duffer in the pile and a couple of 9.8s.

If you want to get your books slabbed for profit then think long and hard over your submissions, if you just want them to look at and aren't bothered about grade then sub away.

I didn't know you got your submission back Gav. Glad to hear it went OK. :applause:

What was the duffer Gav?

Hey dudes.

This is my first post on this forum... I've been looking at everybodys stuff but never signed up - I'm hoping to start using this forum regular now but I have a question (It may sound silly but if somebody could please answer it would be much appreciated).

How do i go about getting something CGC'd? And if it's got an original artist sketch on the cover... Do they still case that (I mean how do they know it's genuine?)? I'm sure this sounds silly but i'm kind of new to this CGC stuff... Also, how much does it cost? I'm actually in the UK.

Thanks

Lloyd

LLoyd welcome to the boards. It takes big enchiladas to post on this board. Thanks for taking the leap of faith. You wouldn't believe the people that want to join but they are scared to death of Joe Collector, Greggy and the Flying Donut who is totally burnt out and living in a a nursing home at age 39................ :hi:

Hey dudes.

This is my first post on this forum... I've been looking at everybodys stuff but never signed up - I'm hoping to start using this forum regular now but I have a question (It may sound silly but if somebody could please answer it would be much appreciated).

How do i go about getting something CGC'd? And if it's got an original artist sketch on the cover... Do they still case that (I mean how do they know it's genuine?)? I'm sure this sounds silly but i'm kind of new to this CGC stuff... Also, how much does it cost? I'm actually in the UK.

Thanks

Lloyd

LLoyd welcome to the boards. It takes big enchiladas to post on this board. Thanks for taking the leap of faith. You wouldn't believe the people that want to join but they are scared to death of Joe Collector, Greggy and the Flying Donut who is totally burnt out and living in a a nursing home at age 39................ :hi:

Ouch.

Oh, here she goes again picking up new male board members. Lloyd, run, and run fast to your nearest police station.

:insane:

Hey dudes.

Thanks

Lloyd

To all newbies: just put Joe_Collector on ignore (officially/unofficially, it doesn't matter.) Just because he's disrespectful doesn't mean you or everybody else has to be.

I didn't know you got your submission back Gav. Glad to hear it went OK. :applause:

Yea I got them back at the start of December, I posted photo's on the 'Opolis. I got back:

Batman #492 Platinum Edition - 9.4

Batman #515 Special Edition - 9.4

Batman #608 2nd Print - 9.4

Batman #619 Gatefold - 8.5

Batman #655 1:10 variant - 9.0

Batman #670 1:25 sketch variant - 9.8

Batman #676 1:25 variant - 9.6

Batman #677 1:25 variant - 9.4

Batman #678 1:25 variant - 9.6

Batman #679 1:25 variant - 9.6

Batman #680 1:25 variant - 9.8

Thicker Than Blood #1 San Diego Comic Con - Qualified 9.4

I knew the last one would be a Qualified as it was signed by Reed, Ploog and Bisley and basically I don't care. It's a gorgeous book and great to look at in a slab.

What was the duffer Gav?

There were two, I forgot about the 9.0, and I have no idea why it was a 9.0 - I obviously missed something.

The #619 I had two copies of, and in my rush to catch the post office I packed the wrong one. It has a six page fold out cover so that must have had some damage to one of the leaves (shrug)

Anyway it was a learning curve and I was very happy with them. I think I may do better next time (thumbs u

Thicker Than Blood #1 San Diego Comic Con - Qualified 9.4

"I knew the last one would be a Qualified as it was signed by Reed, Ploog and Bisley and basically I don't care. It's a gorgeous book and great to look at in a slab."

That's the same as me and why I want mine cased... I'm not really bothered about money value, personal value matters more to me.

Thanks for all the welcomes!!! =D

jduran1 is a girl? I've never heard of a girl comic head... seems alien to me. Am i the only one who doesn't know any comic girls? lol.

Cyber girls don't really count - they might not be girls!