• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February Heritage Signature Auction....whatcha lookin' at?

257 posts in this topic

The Timely selection isn't mind blowing this session but there is at least one book I should end up winning, plus give that Subby #3 Chicago book a decent run at. :wishluck:

Jim

hm

The Timely selection isn't mind blowing this session but there is at least one book I should end up winning, plus give that Subby #3 Chicago book a decent run at. :wishluck:

Jim

Man that's the one subby I'd love to have. 40 (?) pages of everett!

Jim, just as an FYI though that book was "potentialized." Used to sit in a slab a few notches lower.

Jim

Jim, just as an FYI though that book was "potentialized." Used to sit in a slab a few notches lower.

And I thought by leaving Silver, I was leaving the "game" behind :sorry:

Thanks for the heads up Bronty, definitely info I like to know (thumbs u

Jim

Just by putting tracking bids on every WDCS that's 9.0 or higher, I've set a record for most tracking bids for a single auction. The WDCS run is absolutely mindblowing.

You and my dad both. lol

(thumbs u

With all the proceeds from the sales of his great books, he's one of the guys who could afford to buy the whole run that's on Heritage!

Just by putting tracking bids on every WDCS that's 9.0 or higher, I've set a record for most tracking bids for a single auction. The WDCS run is absolutely mindblowing.

You and my dad both. lol

(thumbs u

With all the proceeds from the sales of his great books, he's one of the guys who could afford to buy the whole run that's on Heritage!

He's making a run at it. But he needs a lot as he's just started in this area. If there is any you’d like us to shy away from feel free to PM or post. He needs them all and don’t want to get in a bidding war. He's got bids in on 51 and we're tracking the rest. hm

:grin: (thumbs u

Jim

Jim

Glad to help Jim. :)

I think its safe to say that any hg slab from any era is suspect, unfortunately :(

Okay, people, I need opinions. If you owned this...

superman17.jpg

Would you upgrade to this, or be happy with what you've got?

s17.jpg

You have a beautiful 6.5. $500 or so can buy you something much nicer than that slightly nicer copy bump - even though it is a great cover

The difference between a 6.5 and an 8.0, appearance wise, is negligible. Value wise is another matter... I guess the questions are, do you need the number or the book? Do you want the book for the intrinsic coolness, or the monetary worth? Both are gonna look equally cool on your shelf, but one is worth significantly more...

Your 6.5 has a couple of smudges, the 8.0 has that sunshadow across the bottom... the 6.5 has deeper colours, but not as bright whites.

meh... 6 of one, half a dozen the other...

Your 6.5 has a couple of smudges, the 8.0 has that sunshadow across the bottom... the 6.5 has deeper colours, but not as bright whites.

Yes, the 8.0 copy looks unbelieveably "clean"! hm

I would probably just stick with the copy that you already have since it has the deep colour along with the white pages.

You never know, you might also have a 8.0 buried underneath that little dirt and spine creases. lol

Jim

Jim

Glad to help Jim. :)

I think its safe to say that any hg slab from any era is suspect, unfortunately :(

Hey, come on guys......what kind of aberrant thoughts do you have!

If you listen to the Great Borock and most boardies here, the only grade that matters is the final grade and everybody should fall in line and pay accordingly.

It is what it is! :tonofbricks:

You and my dad both. lol

(thumbs u

He's making a run at it. But he needs a lot as he's just started in this area. If there is any you’d like us to shy away from feel free to PM or post. He needs them all and don’t want to get in a bidding war. He's got bids in on 51 and we're tracking the rest. hm

:grin: (thumbs u

No, I'm pretty much out of the Duck game. Good luck to your Dad. I'm really psyched that he's still into collecting comics!

Okay, people, I need opinions. If you owned this...

superman17.jpg

Would you upgrade to this, or be happy with what you've got?

s17.jpg

Hey Jeff, I would normally say upgrade, particularly if you get superior eye appeal. However, because of the dust shadows on the 8.0, I'm not convinced that it's really that much of an upgrade. If the entire cover looked like the non-dust shadow parts, I would give you an emphatic "yes".